• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

5' X 7/16" hickory bare wood straight grain ramrod

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My present build is a 20 guage 48" barrel smoothbore and will need a range rod. I like my range rods to be Hickory and longer than the barrel by 8 to 12 inches. I have not found a ready made source for what I want. I can make one, but too lazy.
Any help where to go would be appreciated.
Larry

You can call Log Cabin and ask Liza but every time I been up there the longest ones were 48" .... You can use a 48" ramrod and get a custom made extension , be easy to make , a friend or local machinist or yourself , just a thought or you can ask a lumber man , a saw mill or lumber fella ....get a longer piece of hickory ....ramrods take a bit of time to take down but nothing difficult about it ...been doin it for decades until I finally got a Mike Lea taper tool from a generous fella from Connecticut , Mr. Hubbard . Best of luck bud ....ifn ya need help get a hold of me ,I'd be glad to help ya ....take care

I got a bundle of 5’ long rods about 15 years ago. There was a guy named Steve Bailey who made them. He retired. I’m not sure if anyone took it back up.

One of your best bets is local small business sawmills who are cutting slabs. Get a pignut hickory slab and start splitting it.

Back