• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lyman 1858

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lyman was the importer......Either Uberti made them or Pietta. So more than likely a Lyman will shoot as good or better than either.

If it is made by Uberti, look for a stamping that looks like an octogon with a "U" in the middle.

If it was made by Pietta look for a FAP or something similar

Good gun anyway you go..............Are you referring to the 36 caliber Remington type?

I have two: one "Uberti" and one "Euroarms", both perform quite admirably.

Toomuch
Shoot Flint

Leatherbark said:
If it is made by Uberti, look for a stamping that looks like an octogon with a "U" in the middle.......... Are you referring to the 36 caliber Remington type?

Mine has the Uberti mark. Yes, the .36 caliber Remington Navy. I bought mine in 1972, shot it a little then but almost never since. I got distracted by flintlock smoothbores. Can anyone tell me what size caps it takes?

I can't find any evidence Lyman is still importing revolvers of any type.

Spence

George said:
Can anyone tell me what size caps it takes?

I can't find any evidence Lyman is still importing revolvers of any type.

Spence

The RWS#10 works very well on both of my .44 Rems. as well as my wife's 36 Rem.

Toomuch
Shoot Flint

Remington size 10 is what I use on all of my Cap-n-balls. The Remington No.10 pushes on right good and snug. Beware that CCI No. 10s are too small in my opinion unless the nipples are intentionally made to fit the CCI 10................Bob

Latest posts

Back