• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

1858 Remington Brass real ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

X Ring

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Been looking , maybe some help:
As well known the G&G 1951 Confederate 1851 round barrel is a brass frame.

Did the confederacy manufacture or import a
1858 Remington ( any cal) with a brass frame)

Obviously there are replicas of the 1858 with brass frames, but is that an original concept and manufactured firearm back in the day ?

No. Brass .44 and .36 Remingtons are strictly an Italian thing. Never happened in real life.

Very much thanks . I luv top notch accurate information.
That question about the 1858 REM brass frame revolver has plagued me since I have been a kid ! NO KIDDING …
But really great info. It would be a pleasure to pick up one of the Spiller / Burr replicas just to have something a little different.
Thank you again for all your input.

The Spiller and Burr was actually pretty much a copy of the Whitney revolver. The only real resemblance to a Remington is that they both are closed top frame designs with octagonal barrel. The Whitney used an odd cylinder base pin set-up to avoid treading on Remington patents and the Spiller and Burr copied that.

just don't buy a brasser unless you just want to hang it on the wall. they look pretty but don't hold up to real shooting.

Latest posts

Back