• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I want a flintlock pistol....Sea Service please.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am Jonesing for a military style Flintlock pistol. Sea Service would be cool or a Napoleonic era Cavalry pistol.

What are my options? I want something that I can shoot.

I'm thinking that my options are limited to Loyalist Arms or the classifieds here.

Before someone says build my own, I can build about anything from a dog house to multifamily apartments and have. However, fine woodworking is not in my wheelhouse. I could assemble a kit and finish it but inletting a lock etc is not happening.

Let me know what you think.

thanks!

I am Jonesing for a military style Flintlock pistol. Sea Service would be cool or a Napoleonic era Cavalry pistol.

I'm thinking that my options are limited to Loyalist Arms or the classifieds here.

Before someone says build my own, I can build about anything from a dog house to multifamily apartments and have. However, fine woodworking is not in my wheelhouse. I could assemble a kit and finish it but inletting a lock etc is not happening.

thanks!
Check out the website below. They have very excellent copies of 18th century military flintlock pistols.

https://veteranarms.com/shop/pistols/

Last edited:
All those are Indian made? I have not heard anything about their quality.
Checking the Veterans Arms website FAQ shows the statement below concerning where their firearms are made.

Most of Veteran Arms LLC’s regular musket and pistol line are made in India and finished here in our shop in the USA. Each piece is transferred upon order to our finishing department where the stocks are sanded/stained/finished, the hardware polished, locks tuned, frizzens hardened, etc. Each piece is then hand assembled and inspected prior to shipment. Other items from our catalog, including weapons, are produced in a variety of places including the United States, UK, India, Italy, Spain, Pakistan, China, Germany, and others.

As to quality, I could not find any ratings online for their products but the statement below does give a very good guarantee.

Veteran Arms LLC’s regular line of muskets and pistols are covered by a 3-month parts repair or replacement warranty. (See Terms & Conditions.) Additionally, all of Veteran Arms merchandise, with the exception of custom orders, comes with a 10 day money back guarantee if returned in as-new condition. All you pay is the shipping. Furthermore, Veteran Arms’ flintlock muskets and pistols come with a lifetime frizzen rehardening guarantee. See Terms & Conditions of sale for more details.

All those are Indian made? I have not heard anything about their quality.
Go to you tube and look up 11 Bang Bang channel. He does some excellent work dispelling the myths of Indian made guns
2E229407-E928-424A-813B-2FB93185E41A.png

thanks!
I was thinking of one of the Sea Service India-made pistols, but upon seeing one in person at Dixon's, the darn thing is as big as a small carbine! Not exaggerating all that much! They're Huge! Handsome, though.

thanks!
Hello - I'm new to flintlock weapons, but I just ordered one and received it yesterday - it's beautiful! I get the impression these people are really into historical accuracy and high quality. It's at this link: Sea Service Pistols ( Nelson's Royal Navy )

I should also add that I purchased the long version - 12" barrel. It's much larger than I had imagined. Its total length is 19" and total weight is just under 3 pounds, as close as I could weigh it. But I love it. Just have to get the vent hole drilled to make it fully functional - I have a drill press, but they recommended I have a gunsmith do it.

Now I just have to learn how to use it and care for it (e.g., what size flints should I get? What size balls and which patches? ... etc.).

Last edited:
Veteran and loyalist use the same builder. Any problems and veteran is far easier to deal with simply due to Canadian regulations on mail. I have one of their sea service pistols with a tuned lock that performs very well.

Checking the Veterans Arms website FAQ shows the statement below concerning where their firearms are made.

Most of Veteran Arms LLC’s regular musket and pistol line are made in India and finished here in our shop in the USA. Each piece is transferred upon order to our finishing department where the stocks are sanded/stained/finished, the hardware polished, locks tuned, frizzens hardened, etc. Each piece is then hand assembled and inspected prior to shipment. Other items from our catalog, including weapons, are produced in a variety of places including the United States, UK, India, Italy, Spain, Pakistan, China, Germany, and others.

As to quality, I could not find any ratings online for their products but the statement below does give a very good guarantee.

Veteran Arms LLC’s regular line of muskets and pistols are covered by a 3-month parts repair or replacement warranty. (See Terms & Conditions.) Additionally, all of Veteran Arms merchandise, with the exception of custom orders, comes with a 10 day money back guarantee if returned in as-new condition. All you pay is the shipping. Furthermore, Veteran Arms’ flintlock muskets and pistols come with a lifetime frizzen rehardening guarantee. See Terms & Conditions of sale for more details.
It's noteworthy that they do that much work on them! Most people would think they simply got them in a crate, and sent them out. I ordered about 3 several years ago and found Veteran to be good to deal with and responsive to inquiries. I'd use them again if needed. (I never actually fired any, though!) Were just for display or whatever.

I just checked, nothing about them being closed. where did you see that?
I put Veteran Arms LLC in my search bar, which brought up"

Image result for Veteran Arms LLC’ Image result for Veteran Arms LLC’ Image result for Veteran Arms LLC’
All images
Map
https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=d8b8...DQuODIwNDczJnY9MiZzVj0xJkZPUk09TVBTUlBM&ntb=1
1701136737102.pngPermanently closedchevron down

Veteran Arms LLC

Military surplus store
Website
Directions

PO Box 458, Lumpkin, GA 31815
Suggest an edit · Your business? Claim now
Veteran Arms LLC is a Georgia based company whose mission is to provide unique and affordable reproduction arms and accessories

Latest posts

Back