• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Louisiana ML season

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deadeye

54 Cal.
Reaction score
While trying to order a New England handi rifle in 45/70 from a distributor yesterday I was told they were now an allocated item since Louisiana
has said they could be used during their ML season. Said the factory can't make them fast enough to keep up with the demand from the Louisiana "ML" hunters. Anyone know if this is true? What next?

Deadeye said:
While trying to order a New England handi rifle in 45/70 from a distributor yesterday I was told they were now an allocated item since Louisiana
has said they could be used during their ML season. Said the factory can't make them fast enough to keep up with the demand from the Louisiana "ML" hunters. Anyone know if this is true? What next?

They're legal in Mississippi also. Law states any single shot breech loading cartridge rifle with external hammer may be used with bp or smokeless powder. Scopes are legal too.

All I can find on La. is a year old.

Legal Muzzleloader Firearms for Special Season: Rifles or pistols, .44 caliber minimum, or shotguns 10 gauge or smaller, all of which must load exclusively from the muzzle or cap and ball cylinder, use black powder or approved substitute only, take ball or bullet projectile only, including saboted bullets, and may be fitted with magnified scopes. This includes muzzleloaders known as "in line" muzzleloaders.

Back