• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

1981 CVA Big Bore Mountain Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I posted this up a few years ago before the admins merged my accounts. Can't find the old post.

I bought this CVA Big Bore Mtn Rifle in Alaska in 1981. It was a kit that I put together with a "screwdriver and a pocket knife." Well that's all the tools that the guy at Ander's Cache told me that I'd need...

Moved on to some other rifles in the 1990's after killing five deer with it. When I got it out in 2013 the barrel was rusted. I called Deer Creek and they sold me a replacement barrel in the original caliber. Unavailable now from what I can gather. I used some different sights on it the second time, pebbly browned finish, stained the wood dark and put a good weather resistant finish on it.

Here are twelve shots at 70 yds. This is the second time I have shot the rifle since I rebarreled it. Looks good from here, I dunno where that round on the left side came from....

May hunt with it next week in the late season.

Pete Davis

DSC06701.JPG

DSC06706.JPG

DSC06708.JPG

DSC06709.JPG

DSC06713.JPG

Last edited:
Back