• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Looks like i got burned

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The wife just came back from the market with steak because it was cheaper than ground beef. Bummer!
As soon as supply overcomes demand prices WILL come down.
The guy charging 14.99 for caps when everyone else is charging 7.99 per tin won’t sell any until he gets more competitive.
We’re almost out of the woods- CCI started production on caps this month, powder should be out by fall.
Gas is still stupid high but that’s a manufactured shortage (Bidenomics?) not free market.

I didn't want to chime in because I didn't want to help contribute to derailing the thread. But it looks like it has done that already.

I am not so sure that we are seeing regular supply and demand driving shortages.

This is something unlike anything I've ever seen in my 50+ years. This is no longer "democrat-in-office-panic-buying". And it's not just gun-related things.

This is the first time in my life I have seen shortages where you have people with money and things just cannot be bought no matter what.

I think two big things are at play.

First, we are seeing a global unwinding of the "global supply chain". I think Covid has shown a lot of people that you cannot count on global sourcing for things, and people are now working to onshore things.

I also think that a lot of people are looking at what happened to doing business in Russia because of Crimea and are seeing the same possibility for doing business in China because of Taiwan. My employer is one of the biggest companies in the world and it abandoned all business in Russia. Geopolitics has a lot of people spooked about doing business in China and this is also hitting supply lines.

Finally, there are huge international billionaires (World Economic Forum) who are very seriously bent on reducing first-world energy consumption, which means essentially reducing the first-world standard of living. This is not conjecture or speculation. They have plainly stated that they intend to, for example, reduce car ownership by 75% by 2050.

(Back to speculation) these people are extremely powerful and are able to sculpt policy beyond what governments can do. They pull financial levers that drive businesses to do their bidding whether they want to or not. For example, "ESG" ratings determine whose businesses get invested in, which drives companies to do things like Bud Light did to stay in the good graces of the global financial elite, even though it is horrible for business at least in the short term.

I believe there are very powerful rich people who are trying to sculpt the world into their vision of what the future should be like. And I think a lot of that vision is something that most of us would consider "anti-American". In fact I think they envision a post-American world that scraps a lot of the ideas that made America great.

I think all of these things are combining to bring economic pressure on the world to try and change it in ways we do not want.

I didn't want to chime in because I didn't want to help contribute to derailing the thread. But it looks like it has done that already.

I am not so sure that we are seeing regular supply and demand driving shortages.

This is something unlike anything I've ever seen in my 50+ years. This is no longer "democrat-in-office-panic-buying". And it's not just gun-related things.

This is the first time in my life I have seen shortages where you have people with money and things just cannot be bought no matter what.

First, we are seeing a global unwinding of the "global supply chain". I think Covid has shown a lot of people that you cannot count on global sourcing for things, and people are now working to onshore things.

I also think that a lot of people are looking at what happened to doing business in Russia because of Crimea and are seeing the same possibility for doing business in China because of Taiwan. My employer is one of the biggest companies in the world and it abandoned all business in Russia. Geopolitics has a lot of people spooked about doing business in China and this is also hitting supply lines.

Finally, there are huge international billionaires (World Economic Forum) who are very seriously bent on reducing first-world energy consumption, which means essentially reducing the first-world standard of living. This is not conjecture or speculation. They have plainly stated that they intend to, for example, reduce car ownership by 75% by 2050.

(Back to speculation) these people are extremely powerful and are able to sculpt policy beyond what governments can do. They pull financial levers that drive businesses to do their bidding whether they want to or not. For example, "ESG" ratings determine whose businesses get invested in, which drives companies to do things like Bud Light did to stay in the good graces of the global financial elite, even though it is horrible for business at least in the short term.

I believe there are very powerful rich people who are trying to sculpt the world into their vision of what the future should be like. And I think a lot of that vision is something that most of us would consider "anti-American". In fact I think they envision a post-American world that scraps a lot of the ideas that made America great.

I think all of these things are combining to bring economic pressure on the world to try and change it in ways we do not want.
I agree! But believe the one worlder's are loosing their grip on power and are panic'ed hence the global upheaval we are witnessing and reveal of all level corruption most of us never knew existed in our institutions.
Unbelief in the God of the bible and his influence on world history is fast becoming an impossibility !

The average American is so soft now that they can't do without for a second. Everyone with an agenda pushes their wants down peoples throat and it has been working pretty well for them. The suppliers are getting used to stealing and prices are not going south anytime soon. Take the convenient chicken drive-in where the CEO wants every white person to wash a blacks feet. Ya'll do not have to worry about bumping into me washing feet to be able to eat. Getting back to caps, I shoot less and plan on going to a flintlock real soon as long as I do not have wash James Kiblers feet.

I have posted in multiple forums, will redo.
Search and join all the Facebook groups you can find. NMLRA, Cap & Ball Revolvers, Everything Black Powder, Colt 1851 Navy are the big forums.
From there find out about groups to join like NMLRA. Join local clubs in your area. Civil War buffs, re-enactors, etc.
This is how you find caps. It’s not what you know it’s who you know.
How does this help you ask. Because while the unwashed masses are waiting for Walmart to get a box that is gone before you know about it, you may come across a club member who has cases in backroom of the gun store he owns and caters to friends and members.
And THAT is how you get caps.
I dont use social media. I wont participate in censorship. But if that is how it is, then that is how it is.

or Hunting or Camping or putting food on your table or taking a vacation. You name it. It COSTS more $$$ than it used to.
That big 4 pointer that you traveled MILES to hunt comes out to maybe $50.00 + a pound?? Better be worth it AND, it better be good.
$50 a pound sounds pretty darn reasonable to me. If I really figured it out, I am afraid it would be a lot more-and frankly the only way I like venison is when I can it in a pressure cooker with beef bullion and onions and then it tastes like beef.

I agree. I work in a gun store and I have customers ask us to get them products. I start with our usual vendors. If I fail to find the product I sometimes look elsewhere. All of our usual vendors did not a a specific gun a customer wanted. An online search found a company that claimed they had it. I asked about other products and they said, "We have all of it, anything you want." I got their address and then did a search on the address. It was a residence in California, not a business. I then called the phone number and no one ever answered. It was a scam. I was glad that I had not ordered the product.

This forum is social media.
@angelariz is right, this is a private forum that you willingly joined, not social media.
We do "socially" interact, but this is private.
Try an "Upgrade", Both of ya. You might like it.
It is quasi-public as some sections are free to view,, but it is a private entity.
There-in lies the difference.
Your acceptance of the rules of the forum to become a member expresses that.
Did ya both forget to read the fine print?

Last edited:
If there is going to be bickering here every post, i can go back to books, honestly. I dont do this little kid back and forth.
I was thinking about becoming a supporting member but i will not pay to be arguing with grown men online like some little kid on twitter.

You are right but you just scratched the surface. The world would change if left alone on a natural course but it has been sped up by the people you mentioned. I am relatively sure we will see some terrible happenings soon.The Ukraine war and illegals we have entering the country in masses are just a couple of baby step to where we are headed. Our so called leader said," bring the bottom class up and widen the middle class" ? If he succeeds with what he stated the Middle class and the bottom becomes one and the new bottom class. How ignorant can we be to like this if and when it happens?

It's time to invest in a quality flintlock, learn how to make your own BP, and learn how to make your own ammo from scrap metal.

I've experienced first hand what maillemaker wrote about. It's going to get worse before it gets worse.

If there is going to be bickering here every post, i can go back to books, honestly. I dont do this little kid back and forth.
I was thinking about becoming a supporting member but i will not pay to be arguing with grown men online like some little kid on twitter.
Our town had a ‘Mom & Pop’ family bookstore. Fully “family”; there were kiddie books at the front, comic books, magazines, all kinds of genre in fiction and non-fiction. They also had some paper-wrapped magazines of relatively tame nature behind the counter, as well as a full-blown “Adults Only’ back-room area. Before people began to get butt-chapped over the littlest things, folks would just come in, look at/buy what interested them, and leave. Same for here. If a thread looks uninteresting, or ‘goes south’, put in on “ignore”. Easy-peezy, lemon squeezy.

Back