• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Look what i got!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm hoping its good enough to just play with until I have enough money.
3f in the pan is plenty good enough. If money is tight I will second the suggestion to use 3f for main charge and pan. If a pound of 4f costs the same as a pound of 2f or 3f, why spend the money for something you'll use little of and for only one purpose.

3f in the pan is plenty good enough. If money is tight I will second the suggestion to use 3f for main charge and pan. If a pound of 4f costs the same as a pound of 2f or 3f, why spend the money for something you'll use little of and for only one purpose.
Thank you! Need to save a penny every now and then that's why I'm making all my own accoutrements!

View attachment 199235 My new Tradition Deer Hunter .50 Cal.
So excited to try it. I need to more powder was to expensive this week to get two so I went with one pound of 3 f until I can get 2f and 4f. Hope it shoots straight!
Great gun to start with. You won’t be disappointed. Your journey has begun with that proverbial initial first step.

Well men couple more days for range report. I can't find a damn loading jag to save my life around my area that isn't 35 dollars. Gonna have to look around with local buddy's and see what I can't dig up! And all the big box stores are sold out till fall because there about money not customers lol.

a lor of the original flintlocks just had a wooden ramrod. The end that was up under the muzzle was almost bore size with grooves cut into the circumference to hold a cleaning patch and ram the ball down the barrel.

OP.

I've made countless ramrods from straight grained oak dowels from Lowe's and brass pistol cartridge cases from my Unmens.

They hold up surprisingly well.

Choke up 3 or 4 inches and push the ball in. Choke up another 3 or 4 and push. Keep repeating until the ball is seated.

Way cheaper than brass jags.

OP.

I've made countless ramrods from straight grained oak dowels from Lowe's and brass pistol cartridge cases from my Unmens.

They hold up surprisingly well.

Choke up 3 or 4 inches and push the ball in. Choke up another 3 or 4 and push. Keep repeating until the ball is seated.

Way cheaper than brass jags.
This is the factory one without the jag

Attachments

• 16767616380588860291953852917497.jpg
    16767616380588860291953852917497.jpg
    920.1 KB · Views: 0
I'm scared that it'll pull the patch up. If you think it'll seat I'll record and shoot it 🤣
Don’t know what your roundball patch looks like…. Push the patch and ball flush or just below flush with muzzle and trim or cut any excess patch off with your knife. Then there will be no patch material above the ball for anything to catch on.

Don’t know what your roundball patch looks like…. Push the patch and ball flush or just below flush with muzzle and trim or cut any excess patch off with your knife. Then there will be no patch material above the ball for anything to catch on.
Thank you very much. A little less worried now! 🤣 now I feel dumb and like a wussie

Latest posts

Back