• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Look what i got!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20230226_120903.jpg
20230226_121446.jpg
20230226_215104.jpg
20230226_215147.jpg

Well it's official got my first session in and my first club meet ever. It went great I didn't take alot of pictures because I was trying to learn as much as possible for now. I shot alot! Close to 50 shots. I missed quite a few but most went on paper. I enjoyed all the great company and advice that there was. It's a great start to a lifelong addiction. I was invited by someone on this forum and I couldn't thank him enough. I had zero problems with my gun every shot went off with a quick ignition but I know there is a ton of room for improvement. I got home and soaked the barrel in the bathtub. Ran cleaning patches until water ran clear. Ran bore cleaner until patches came back clean. Cleaned lock and touchhole. Oiled gun and now I'm ready for the next club shoot. Thank you everyone on this forum. Your very much appreciated!

View attachment 201870View attachment 201871View attachment 201872View attachment 201873
Well it's official got my first session in and my first club meet ever. It went great I didn't take alot of pictures because I was trying to learn as much as possible for now. I shot alot! Close to 50 shots. I missed quite a few but most went on paper. I enjoyed all the great company and advice that there was. It's a great start to a lifelong addiction. I was invited by someone on this forum and I couldn't thank him enough. I had zero problems with my gun every shot went off with a quick ignition but I know there is a ton of room for improvement. I got home and soaked the barrel in the bathtub. Ran cleaning patches until water ran clear. Ran bore cleaner until patches came back clean. Cleaned lock and touchhole. Oiled gun and now I'm ready for the next club shoot. Thank you everyone on this forum. Your very much appreciated!
Most excellent.
Don't forget to do a really good job cleaning any oil out of the bore, and that little chamber if you have any kind of chambered breach, before you shoot again. Don't have to worry about this as much with mink oil as opposed to gun oil and other rust preventatives,,, but with a chambered breach, I'd swab it with alcohol anyway.

Glad you had such a positive experience.

Most excellent.
Don't forget to do a really good job cleaning any oil out of the bore, and that little chamber if you have any kind of chambered breach, before you shoot again. Don't have to worry about this as much with mink oil as opposed to gun oil and other rust preventatives,,, but with a chambered breach, I'd swab it with alcohol anyway.

Glad you had such a positive experience.
This little tip will solve you 90% of the issues with modern flintlocks.

That's great that you got to shoot at a club meet right away. Our club has a lot of black powder shooters and they are really helpful and friendly with new guys. I learned a lot from them as just about all of them shoot flintlocks.

And the diameter of the black zone is almost what size?

Our targets are Ø of 8" black central round, with zones of 1.00". The total Ø for one single whole target (white+black) is 20" (X 2 targets for matches and challenges) at 25 and 50 meters (the same target for 27 yards pistols and 55 yards rifles).

cible.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back