• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Long wood ramrod / cleaning rod source.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TVG.75

2.5" bore
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to be able to purchase a Hudson Valley fowler on the American Long Rifles forum made by Mr. Brooks with a 60" barrel. My problem is locating a hardwood dowel that is 3/8" or 7/16" x 72" for a cleaning rod or backup ram rod. I have checked wood suppliers, craft suppliers, Track of the Wolf, Muzzleloader Builders Supply, The Log Cabin Shop & any other suppliers that I can think of.
Where do you folks source your long hardwood ramrod materials?

Thanks,
T.V.G.

I got my 1/4" brass under-barrel ramrod from October Country, with female 10-32 threads at each end.
Yesterday, I got the ramrod ends to clean the barrel, and a custom T-handle, 1/4" dia, to fit the ramrod and into the .36 barrel. I also got the handle antiqued, to match the ramrod. I'm pleased.
OC can make you a brass ramrod/range rod with a fixed or removable T-handle of your choice of diameters and threads.
Shipping was a bit pricey for the ramrod ($28 for entire order), but it was shipped in a pvc pipe, and arrived undamaged.
Pay once and get good stuff.

At one time Jackie Brown, gun builder, had extra long ramrods. Maybe look him up fire him off an email and see if he still has any hanging up in his rafters.
Ohio Rusty ><>

Back