• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Locks, LH

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Small lefty locks are scarce. I have a couple of Cochrans that are sweet little lefty locks; one on a .32 squirrel gun and one waiting for a build. Alas, Cochrans are not made anymore.

ADK Bigfoot

I had a LH John Bailes small flintlock lock assy from L&R on a lefty squirrel gun I once had and it was fine. To me, any L&R can be tuned up to perform well. I do have a pair of Cochran locks, and agree on their performance, but they're on my flint double and are staying on it, LOL!

Cochran made a pretty decent lock if the one I have is a good example.

I bought an LH "Queen Anne" L&R for a trade gun build because it was just perfect for the period, size, and shape. That was all that was good about it, I know they're a forum sponsor and all but I'll never buy another....and there's a builder here has written a few times how the LH QA is better than the RH! I could detail the problems but just save yourself the trouble. RH locks have never been a problem for me, in fact I like them better because I don't have to reach over the barrel to prime the pan. I wish you luck, maybe Chambers makes a LH? Kibler locks are all I will spend money on as long as he's in business.

Well seems i got my answer, no good LH Flint-lock. So that leaves me back at point #1 Have to go with a RH but i am a south paw n left eye dominant. Such is live n right now it seems to be the pits for ML rifles.

Well seems i got my answer, no good LH Flint-lock. So that leaves me back at point #1 Have to go with a RH but i am a south paw n left eye dominant. Such is live n right now it seems to be the pits for ML rifles.
Yup. Just get the cast the right direction and the patch box and cheek rest on the correct sides and fuggitaboutit. Then all your RH buddies will gripe when they shoot it and you can say "welcome to MY world!"

Yup. Just get the cast the right direction and the patch box and cheek rest on the correct sides and fuggitaboutit. Then all your RH buddies will gripe when they shoot it and you can say "welcome to MY world!"
Geez it would be so ugly, have to shot it through a knot hole. I must be an odd duck. I dislike patch boxes with a passion. To me they just ruin a nice looking stock. I guess i can shoot RH lock, just not what i wanted to spent samolians on.

Jim Chambers sells a LH Large Siler flintlock. I have one on my Lancaster rifle and have no complaints. He also sells a LH gunm,akers lock that you cut to shape. His locks are noted for quality.

Jim Chambers sells a LH Large Siler flintlock. I have one on my Lancaster rifle and have no complaints. He also sells a LH gunm,akers lock that you cut to shape. His locks are noted for quality.
yes sir i looked at it,its large to put on a Tn. Mtn. rifle. I may have to go with a RH & live with it. Or just forget building a Flintlock. Either the stocks i like with the shorter drop at heel don't come in LH. I am trying to look at n research the stocks at Pecatonica River.

Latest posts

Back