• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

lock "tuning " link

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was reading along and replied more to J. Williams in humor and admiration for him and others that can hold the tolerances in addition to measuring them with repeated accuracy. My :hatsoff: Surgical precision

Somebody's either got really good eyes or a comparator. Anyway my hats off to anyone that can hold that kind of tolerance. :hatsoff:

Too much chaff to separate from the wheat here to be of real value to the neophyte. For example, I wonder how many frizzens he has warped by quenching face down? If the frizzen is high carbon steel it then needs to the annealed at 375 degrees in an oven for an hour or more and have the pan cover only heated to blue using heat sinks to prevent annealing the face and the bearing surfaces. It must be hard where is bears on the spring.

Dan

Latest posts

Back