• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lock issue with TVM rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sooter76

40 Cal.
Reaction score
So I recently purchased a TVM kit with an L&R Queen Anne lock and after assembling it I noticed the cock arm seemed a bit loose. I attempted to tighten it to no avail and since this is my first flint lock I thought maybe it's just supposed to be a little loose and put it up. This morning I was looking over the gun again and the screw that holds the cock arm to the lock plate fell out. I tried to put it back in and it did screw in some but remained loose, almost like at some point the internal threads are stripped. I attempted to do a function check and when I pulled the trigger the cock arm fell but I couldn't cock it again. When I removed the lock to see what the issue might be the spring fell out with it. This leaves me frustrated as I haven't even had a chance to shoot the gun yet, just a few dry-fires... And this will be the second issue I've have to contact TVM about in regards to this gun.

That is very frustrating. I don't have any dealings with TVM, but I did have an L&R Queen Anne lock at one point and I can say that L&R have great customer service if you can't get a satisfactory solution from TVM. They don't make the best "out of the box" locks but they are good locks if you happen to get a good one or if tuned by someone who knows what they're doing - They will absolutely make it right if you contact them about it.

Very annoying, but don't despair yet!

When I received my smoothbore from TVM it came with a Chambers colonial Va lock. Well, the cock broke off the lock and I had to send it back in and have it fixed. I got it back in no time and it really works fine. I had a small Siler flint lock on a pistol that was not reliable. It seemed to "catch" as it fell. I finally had a friend remove the the fly and it's fine now; single trigger pistol. Any good manufacturer can produce something problematic from time to time. But as long as the customer service is good, that's what really matters.

I think he meant, “was the frizzen down before the hammer was pulled.” Obviously, if you were checking for a spark that was not the case.

either the sqaure shaft was machined to mush or the mounting hole on the cock. you can send it in to l and or get copper from a hobbie shop and shim the shaft.

Latest posts

Back