• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Loads going soft.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyhow, agree with both Grumpa and Azmntman, and my pursuit of the wax biscuit is that the pure wax should not contaminate the powder, but still lube the bore a bit. But we'll find that out in a couple of months after the loads in the 1860 have "aged" a bit. The five I fired in the .36 were very promising I thought....but I'll really wring it out good when I get a chance, as far as accuracy and fouling goes. As mentioned, I'll want to get set up good and eliminate the variables, do some serious off the bench shooting.

Indeed I carry, and am interested in the gun and it's performance with full loads, which I've found don't tear up small game. My self-defense scenario would be an aggressive wolf(s) or Cougar. In that case, I'd rather use up some pistol rounds, and keep the rifle in reserve. And I have found the .36 with full load will penetrate the back of a deer skull no problem, for the coup-de-gras if needed. There is a lot to like about the ".36".

So now we have a BoatKiller and a Stumpkiller. :)

The way I heard it, Stumpkiller got his name because of what happened after he ate several big bowls of his "special chili" in camp one night.
The next morning as he was sitting on a stump drinking his coffee his rear end released a massive blast of odious gas and as the needles fell off of the pine and fir trees behind him, the stump couldn't take the smell and it crumbled into a pile of splinters, dropping him to the ground. :eek::D

Glad that's NOT the story of me and the old boat. !!!! If so...it would have sunk.

Back