• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Loading and firing the LeMat revolver in the ACW

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kh54

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi All. I’m looking for a little help to make correct buckshot as well as bullet cartridges to put in a case with my Pietta LeMat. I have questions some of you may be able to answer:
  1. Were revolver cartridge packs produced by or for the Confederacy? If so does anyone know where to find a correct label?
  2. How many buckshot might have been in a cartridge for the LeMat “shotgun”?
  3. How would the shotgun have been loaded with a paper cartridge? Specifically, what would have been used for wadding to keep the buckshot in place? I’m guessing that the paper from the cartridge itself would work but was this done?
I’ve attached a pic of a nicely presented LeMat from Cowan’s Auctions. This is the only evidence I’ve seen for a buckshot cartridge for the LeMat but who knows if it’s authentic?

I would appreciate any insights y’all might have. Thanks!

Attachments

• 448F670E-C7EB-4BCE-B42B-054BCBA0A51E.jpeg
    448F670E-C7EB-4BCE-B42B-054BCBA0A51E.jpeg
    75.9 KB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Back