• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WITHDRAWN LNIB Flintlock Kentucky Traditions .50

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
LNIB, unfired. Just a couple months old. Bought it for my brother who moved on to something else. $400 shipped conus.

more pics and my cell number will be provided to the buyer before any payment is expected

thanks for looking. I will be posting other ads. Would trade any or all toward a northwest trade gun or Fowler.

Attachments

• 43A3684B-FA92-4D93-9370-A9C4F009E055.jpeg
    43A3684B-FA92-4D93-9370-A9C4F009E055.jpeg
    163.8 KB · Views: 162
  • 587D228A-8FC7-4997-8F1D-05481E978B93.jpeg
    587D228A-8FC7-4997-8F1D-05481E978B93.jpeg
    136.6 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
Well, not exactly. LOL

We're trying to prevent scammers from posting photos of guns that aren't theirs. The way to prevent that is by showing a photo of the gun with a piece of paper containing two items - the screen name and the date. That way there is positive proof the gun actually belongs to the poster.

So now you have a problem with this? Is this normal hazing for new members? I appear to be adhering to the rules to my knowledge, can you provide further guidance to assuage your fear that I am a scammer? I’ve offered to give my phone number and provide more pics upon request. I’m running out of ideas on what the “etc” means and without specific guidance I don’t know how you’d like me to proceed. Also are you a moderator here?

Doc,
There are lots of ads here that get respect. The ads show the "card" with relevant info, more photos that show details of the rifle, and a bore light photo that shows the condition of the bore.
You can use the methods that work, or you can keep trying to sell rifles your way.
And, before you ask, no, I'm not a moderator, just an average buyer that won't buy from a new seller with attitude.
Is this normal hazing for new members?
Folks are trying to advise you of what works here. You can continue doing it your way, and maybe it'll work. Or not. :dunno:

Doc,
I see that you know how to post photos, since you do it on the SASS forum.
That would work here, too, and you won't get the comments or advice that your ad generated.
Maybe I'm missing something...

These were the photos I posted initially and was told they were wrong (see the quote and convo prior) in addition to the sale of multiple items. If you use context clues and follow the dialogue my issue wasn’t that someone informed me of my error, rather the presumption that my error is indicative of character defects not in evidence and specifically that I’m presumed to be a “scammer” without even an opportunity to take constructive criticism. You can also clearly see I thanked the one person who offered advice in a kind way. All subsequent posts have been made in an effort to adhere to the rules as the membership has thus far identified (which includes that I must have my name and date, etc. etc is not specified so I added everything I perceived could be included as “etc” along with the message that I can send more images and my phone number upon request to assuage anyone’s fears that I’m a scammer. But yet again, I find someone who takes issue. Though I suspect the reason you wouldn’t buy anything from me isn’t about your perception of my “attitude” but because you weren’t interested anyway.

Attachments

• AC61D59B-763B-473C-9077-E9A54914F028.jpeg
    AC61D59B-763B-473C-9077-E9A54914F028.jpeg
    129.7 KB · Views: 62
  • 90332E4A-F93B-40A5-86FB-32F358FAC0BB.jpeg
    90332E4A-F93B-40A5-86FB-32F358FAC0BB.jpeg
    82.8 KB · Views: 64
  • B6046054-7CCB-4DF4-AE72-99A2C66D4E99.jpeg
    B6046054-7CCB-4DF4-AE72-99A2C66D4E99.jpeg
    92 KB · Views: 60
  • 98FB30FA-9CD9-4780-9E4D-1A649754FAC1.jpeg
    98FB30FA-9CD9-4780-9E4D-1A649754FAC1.jpeg
    91.4 KB · Views: 57
  • 2767F9CA-71ED-4466-B13C-05A7FB8E151D.jpeg
    2767F9CA-71ED-4466-B13C-05A7FB8E151D.jpeg
    97.1 KB · Views: 61
  • C17ECCA7-4E31-46FF-84C1-4082D6926182.jpeg
    C17ECCA7-4E31-46FF-84C1-4082D6926182.jpeg
    93.7 KB · Views: 56
Doc,
I see that you know how to post photos, since you do it on the SASS forum.
That would work here, too, and you won't get the comments or advice that your ad generated.
Maybe I'm missing something...

apparently some people here want more info than the rules state. Or every photo to have the screen name. Etc. It appears to be a moving target here. That was really my secondary point. The primary being the delivery of the message and that one is considered a “scammer” because they posted a multiple ad without any other evidence.

ive been on a lot of forums in my life and never had an experience quite like this one. Perhaps one of the earlier posters was right; I really don’t belong. Just seems weird all this bs over what? I’m guessing most of the people taking issue either do not have productive lives or do not have real world problems to deal with.

for what it’s worth I’m very sorry that my first ad had multiple items. It was absolutely a violation of the rules and as soon as I recognized it, I broke the ad up and made sure my info and “etc” were all there with a pic of the item. You were right to point out my error in having multiple items for sale. I was wrong for doing it. I’m not going as far as believing I’m the bad or stupid person some want to portray me as. But I did violate the rules. If I’m still violating the rules please tell me how to come into compliance with them.

well.......... i was interested. i don't have a traditions. yours is a very interesting specimen.
lost interest with it because of the attitude.
good luck with your sale.

Fair enough. If you feel I have an attitude in trying to ascertain the culture of a place where the assumption is you are a scammer for posting a multiple ad, then I respectfully disagree with your conclusion, as I feel I’ve been respectful in the manner I’ve engaged with everyone over this issue. I appreciate your insight and wish you well on your search.

There, see? You know about adding photos. That's a good start.
But yet again, I find someone who takes issue.
I was just offering some advice on what works here. YMMV.
Though I suspect the reason you wouldn’t buy anything from me isn’t about your perception of my “attitude” but because you weren’t interested anyway.
Your suspicion is wrong. There are lots of friendly folks here that sell rifles here all the time, but they don't demand that we accept their sales approach. I will deal with those folks. The place for Attitude is in the political postings, not where you're trying to convince someone to buy your rifle.

On your side, though, the first comments about your first ad were not worded in the best manner, and there is no reason to harshly judge someone that is just starting out. Explain the expectations, and give the poster the chance to meet them. Unfortunately, that's when the conversation headed south, and it just got worse.

So, let's call this a learning experience, and maybe we can get back to buying and selling rifles. Let me be the first to welcome you to a great forum where we all watch out for one another. I hope you find that you like it here.

I never implicated “everyone” at all. I made sure to address everyone specifically on their own merits. I never denigrated the entire community here.

you finally honed into the genesis of this whole discussion in your second paragraph regarding the final quote.

I guess we're so protective of the forum that we forget that folks should be considered friendly until proven otherwise. Let's use sugar more, vinegar less.
But we have to remain vigilant, too, or the real scammers will gladly take our money.
Hence the original comments, and the subsequent deterioration of the post.
There's a fine line somewhere in there that separates our perceptions of new posters from scammers, and we should be more diligent in determining the facts before casting aspersions.
Cast bullets, not aspersions!
And if they are determined to be bad actors, cast them into forum Hell. 👿

Fair enough. If you feel I have an attitude in trying to ascertain the culture of a place where the assumption is you are a scammer for posting a multiple ad, then I respectfully disagree with your conclusion, as I feel I’ve been respectful in the manner I’ve engaged with everyone over this issue. I appreciate your insight and wish you well on your search.
Doc, you just went a bit overboard in your "attempt to ascertain" the culture of this board. came off as snide and condescending. i really hope you stick around, we really aren't a bunch of jerks.

I think your firearms will sell if you posted large, clear photos. Part of the issue that may have been missed is that just yesterday a scammer posted two guns for sale on this forum after hacking an account. The ads were exact copies of previously sold ads and some were jumping on them before the person that had been hacked warned that it wasn't him. None of the ad photos had the required user information in them but people were still trying to buy them because they were being offered at great prices. Some may come off as a school hall monitor but much of it is due to being burned, or almost being burned like yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back