• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lets see some percussion revolvers!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My ‘Rona Revolvers
5EA870FC-A408-42CA-9C81-76CE13C6A3DB.jpeg

A photo of my 1851 Navy. I shortened the barrel to 4 3/4” and crowned the barrel. Removed the loading lever. I load with a loading stand and keep several loaded cylinders with me.
D7E5677E-08AF-4561-B38E-F7B616F6A285.jpeg

A druggy stole $14,000 of my firearms. He was caught but I never recovered a single rifle or pistol. He got a free lawyer and only spent 1 year in prison. He has returned to my community to continue stealing. Sheriff doesn't do anything about it. He doesn't work so I can't sue him in civil court for damages. The courts and prison system wont tell me where he lives , etc. I'm still so angry about the robbery, the justice system and government that I just wish I could scream. My only hope is that he ODs and dies a slow miserable death.
I know the feeling...

My 1851 Colt replica...I find who made it...manufacturing date is 1973

Attachments

• 20210226_092823.jpg
    20210226_092823.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 72
My 1851 Colt replica...I find who made it...manufacturing date is 1973

Colt never made a brass framed 1851, so I believe that is a copy of a Griswold & Gunnison revolver, which was a brass framed copy of a Colt 1851, but with a plain cylinder. These were made for the Confederacy during the Civil War.

Here is mine:
100_6695.JPG
100_6670.JPG
100_6683.JPG

EDIT TO ADD: No, I was wrong; the barrel on yours is octagonal. On the G&G, the barrels were round.

Last edited:
A druggy stole $14,000 of my firearms. He was caught but I never recovered a single rifle or pistol. He got a free lawyer and only spent 1 year in prison. He has returned to my community to continue stealing. Sheriff doesn't do anything about it. He doesn't work so I can't sue him in civil court for damages. The courts and prison system wont tell me where he lives , etc. I'm still so angry about the robbery, the justice system and government that I just wish I could scream. My only hope is that he ODs and dies a slow miserable death.

I feel your pain.

Latest posts

Back