• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Less interest in my caplocks

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
40 Flint said:
Nessmuck56 said:
I perk coffee...shoot an English Yew Selfbow...Shave with a Straight Razor...and have not shot a cap lock in 30 years...My new addiction for the last 3 years is the Smoothy.

Hmmm, I don't drink coffee anymore, my self bow is hickory and I don't shave -- BUT I use a straight razor patch knife and flirting with getting a NE Trade Gun Flintlock of course. :thumbsup:

I guess that makes us cousins?

Only if you drive a 50 year old Muscle Car....1967 GTO...lol

This thread is now becoming boring too many other things and nothing to do with the thread time it was put too bed .
Feltwad

Nessmuck56 said:
40 Flint said:
Nessmuck56 said:
I perk coffee...shoot an English Yew Selfbow...Shave with a Straight Razor...and have not shot a cap lock in 30 years...My new addiction for the last 3 years is the Smoothy.

Hmmm, I don't drink coffee anymore, my self bow is hickory and I don't shave -- BUT I use a straight razor patch knife and flirting with getting a NE Trade Gun Flintlock of course. :thumbsup:

I guess that makes us cousins?

Only if you drive a 50 year old Muscle Car....1967 GTO...lol

AH HA! 1956 Ford Victoria. Hopped up 292 Y Block now 317 cid giving 325 crank hp, world class T5 tranny w .67:1 od and 3.73s. Does 14 second 1/4 mile and hits 120 in 4th. Not enough road to wind it out in 5th AND shut it down. Guess we can say 1st cousins.

Nessmuck56 said:

For health reasons I had to shelve my flinters and shoot a lighter perc. rifle for two years. :( I always felt like I was sinning.

Actually, a good flintlock with a sharp flint and properly loaded is just as reliable and accurate as any caplock. I'll tell you something else, there is no noticeable difference in ignition speed from the time that the trigger is pulled. I never hear the flint strike on mine. I once shot a doe and the eight point buck that was following her, within about a minute apart with one. Flintlocks "Rock!"

Back