• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

L&R

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Appalachian

Feral American
Reaction score
Hopefully, it's true that the L&R Classic is a workable fit to the Large Siler inlet. Doing a switch ignition on my Tennessee and everywhere I looked is backorder on the large left hand flint Silers. We will see.

Worst case I have a lock for the eventual fowler build and I'll wait on the Silers to show up again.

Must say I'm totally impressed with L&R CS/sales over the phone. Answered all my questions with total confidence, eliminated enough doubt, took my order, and issued a tracking number within 15 minutes. Two thumbs up on that.

Screenshot_20220630-113156_Samsung Internet.jpg

An LR was the best lock I ever had
Silar by different makers are not all the same size unfortunately. I ended up with a tiny gap with a mortise just a tad larger then the lock

An LR was the best lock I ever had
Silar by different makers are not all the same size unfortunately. I ended up with a tiny gap with a mortise just a tad larger then the lock
I have a Large Siler by Chambers percussion lock already fitting in my build. This L&R flint is advertised to be .005" larger plate size for a tight fit in a Siler by Chambers inlet. Not afraid to file on it a little, nor afraid to build up metal if there's an obnoxious gap i can't live with. Not afraid either to just wait on a Siler by Chambers to come into stock somewhere.
Fingers crossed for the L&R just being a nice clean fit. I'm more concerned over trigger engagement than how the plate fits. Hopefully it works fine. Tim at L&R said I shouldn't have any issues with the trigger or the plate fit. We shall see.

Back