• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Knitted Voyager Hats

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cchipmunk

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Here is an example of a knitted voyager hat I made.

They take about 10 hours to knit in the round and my hubby made the leather buttons for me to add strength to the tassel.

My Grandmother taught me to knit when I was a young girl... and I am so glad she did. :)

Let me know if you have any suggestions on how to improve them. Thanks... Suz

Hat...
Voyager1.jpg

Button...
Voyager2.jpg

My daughter is almost 21, if she is sitting down and not studying she is knitting something. She has knitted me a sweater, some trigger finger mittens, and a fishermans hat. Maybe something like your hat will be soon................watch yer top knot..............

I hope so... if she finds she needs a pattern I would be happy to share the one I meshed together.

Thanks for sharing!

chipmunk, do you take orders ? I'd like to have one of those.

Knitting is a fantastic way to decompress at the end of a long day. When I first tried to make the pattern for my cap, it took me 9 attempts before I created the right size and shape.

To me it was worth every hat I ripped out. :)

I live in a state where blaze orange hats are required when hunting deer. So, I had one of the wives in my club knit a hat for me( and paid her for it)using blaze orange dyed acrylic wool blend. It meets the State regulations and keeps me a lot warmer on those December hunts, than any other hat I own. :hatsoff:

Just a suggestion, and worth every penny you paid for it. That is a very nice hat, BTW. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :wink:

Thank you for the compliment :grin: I like my hats as well, but am always looking for ways to improve design and technique, so suggestions are always welcome.

At our last Spring Rendezvous I had a friend mention that he would love one in blaze orange for dear hunting season... and so when his birthday came around I presented him with an acrylic version (at the time I had not found a good source for a blaze orange in wool, I believe I have now however). He was delighted with it and I was told they had no problems seeing him in the trees with it. I wonder why? :rotf:

I knit my voyager hats when I feel like it, as that is when the best work comes out... and I don't want to loose the love of making them.

Very nicely designed voyageur hat. I would love one in red. My wife used to knit :(
The only thing I see wrong is there should be a canoe in the background picture.

I like it, I have one that I sleep in on cold weather campouts and then wear all day. They are very useful

Ghettogun ... hmmmm... referring to the series Centennial by chance? I was thinking of Pasquinel rowing down the river with his (I believe it was red) voyager hat with the tassel tucked into the folded over band. Gosh I love that series!

T.O. ... I sleep in mine when the weather is cold as well. I pull it down where the rim sits on the edge of my nose and down in back where it is a bit over my neck. That way my ears, eyes, cheeks and some of my neck are completely covered by the hat and with the blanket pulled up to my chin...I am cozy with only my chin, mouth, and nostrils exposed. Cozy warm hat, pillow, bedroll! Nothing better! Accept coffee on the stove and smelling really good!

:)

Back