• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kibler woodsrunner

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So did not know where to post this inquiry so if it is in the wrong place please move it for me.

I am interested in purchasing a Kibler Woodsrunner in 54 cal. Question is "Can I get the 45 cal barrel as an extra that will drop fit in the 54 stock?

Or are the two barrels ... the 54 and the 45 ... two different dimensions?

Thanks everyone. I wish to be able to have the same stock with the economical 45 cal for plinking and target practice with the more economical 45 cal and then come hunting season slip the 54 in the stock for some serious knockdown for elk size critters or maybe moose.

So did not know where to post this inquiry so if it is in the wrong place please move it for me.

I am interested in purchasing a Kibler Woodsrunner in 54 cal. Question is "Can I get the 45 cal barrel as an extra that will drop fit in the 54 stock?

Or are the two barrels ... the 54 and the 45 ... two different dimensions?

Thanks everyone. I wish to be able to have the same stock with the economical 45 cal for plinking and target practice with the more economical 45 cal and then come hunting season slip the 54 in the stock for some serious knockdown for elk size critters or maybe moose.
They will interchange.

I would suggest, stick with the .54 and drop the powder charge to 50 grs or so for target shooting.

They will interchange.

I would suggest, stick with the .54 and drop the powder charge to 50 grs or so for target shooting.
Yes I have done so before with my 54's. The 54 contour would be a bit heavier in 45,, however most of my "target" shooting is done off a rest on a bench. My quest is targets of bullseye 🎯 variety and so the lugging would be from the pickup to the bench.

I have a converted Renegade to flintlock as well as a TC Hawken percussion fitted with a Green Mountain barrel 54 cal. On both.

I am getting ready for a more traditional looking and functioning rifle and even considered a 50 cal that would be maybe the best of both worlds between the 45 and the 54.

Still have some thinking to do and investigating 🔎 which way to jump as I am pretty sure this will be my last high end rifle

Can't help but compare these weights to my modern hunting rifles and with glass, I am pleased with an 8 # rifle. Does anyone have a 45 cal woodsrunner and if so, how does it handle, point ect.ect?

Back