• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Completed Kibler Colonial, .50 cal, extra fancy maple

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Up for sale is a .50 caliber, completed Kibler Colonial rifle, with extra fancy maple, and optional wooden patch box. The barrel and lock have been browned, the brass hardware has been gently aged, the stock is finished tanic acid, followed by iron nitrate, and several coats of Tried and True Varnish oil. Please note the two pictures of the three simple carved lines added to the buttstock after I posted the initial listing...

I've built several kits in the last few months, and after settling which ones I and my dad want, I'm thinning the collection a bit and moving on to the next projects.

Ask any questions you have. PM me if you're interested.

$1500 shipped. SOLD

Attachments

• IMG_1306.JPG
    IMG_1306.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1307.JPG
    IMG_1307.JPG
    6.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1308.JPG
    IMG_1308.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1309.JPG
    IMG_1309.JPG
    5.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1310.JPG
    IMG_1310.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1311.JPG
    IMG_1311.JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1325.jpg
    IMG_1325.jpg
    8.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1326.jpg
    IMG_1326.jpg
    9.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Can you post some pictures?

In fairness, this is probably not in my budget, but I'd like to see them and it might pique the interest of others.

Up for sale is a .50 caliber, completed Kibler Colonial rifle, with extra fancy maple, and optional wooden patch box. The barrel and lock have been browned, the brass hardware has been gently aged, the stock is finished tanic acid, followed by iron nitrate, and several coats of Tried and True Varnish oil. No carving or engraving, but an attractive rifle in its plain state.

I've built several kits in the last few months, and after settling which ones I and my dad want, I'm thinning the collection a bit and moving on to the next projects.

Ask any questions you have. PM me if you're interested.

Asking $1500 shipped.
I hope you don't mind but I printed the photos and strategically slipped them in the pages of my wife's Look magazine. She's a beauty for sure.

That is a really nice looking rifle. Like so many others here, I’m going to ask you a worthless question, “what does it smell like”. See below

Last edited:
UPDATE: I carved a couple simple lines into the stock of this rifle. It was a first attempt for me and I'm pleased. I think the big stock of the Colonial needed a bit more "interest." It is still available for those of you who may be interested in its "new" condition.

Attachments

• IMG_1325.jpg
    IMG_1325.jpg
    8.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1326.jpg
    IMG_1326.jpg
    9.8 MB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back