• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kibler side effect?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am left eye dominant and therefore shoot left handed. I personally wouldn't purchase a left handed gun as it would be different from the rest that I own. Would that make any difference on shooting, I don't think so, but I like consistency.
But as far as if Mr Kibler should make a left handed gun. I think we should leave that up to Jim and his wife. I feel they have a good business model and appear to be making the correct business decisions. I personally think that they should do what gives them the best revenue stream so they can continue to grow. The last thing I would want is for them to make a bad business investment and go belly up,

Thanks. I'm not sure of our employee count but it's around 15 or 16 not including Katherine and myself, so it's progressed from being what most think of as a mom and pop business. As time progresses my goal is for the business to require Katherine and myself less and less. We still have gaps that need filled, but in time we'll find the right people to help with these.

Interestingly enough, 10 years ago I couldn't care less about business, but that's my focus today as a leader. I spend my free time learning about accounting, business structure, growth etc. I'd have never imagined it... In some ways business can be really addicting. Growth, success and always pushing for more.

I do well in matches and hunting. If you can’t shoot with out a form fitted bench gun then to bad.
I figure a good shooter can shoot well with any weapon you put in their hand.
Just joking about hitting the barn.
I can shoot trap and skeet from either shoulder and while I am right handed have killed several deer from the left shoulder when conditions required it.

no manufacture is obligated to make any thing , and no one is obligated to buy from any any one , so quit beating the dead horse
The title of the thread is the kibler effect. As I have stated several times, quality builders gone, guys can assemble rifles now that could not previously. With the quality builders going away lefty rifles going away and he has not replaced that market and has no plans to. His choice. Never disputed that. The Kibler effect.

One said he did not build them as his shop was not set up to build them.
Was he only making rifles from pre-carved stocks? I might find that statement odd because I've only made a rifle with simple hand tools, but I can't think of any real differences in making a right-hand rifle or left-hand rifle when inletting everything with chisels and gouges.

Make it $20,000 and I bet that 3 year wait gets a whole lot shorter.
I have decided that when I win the powerball, i shall go to visit @James Kibler and give him a check for an obscene amount of money to make a perfect Long Land Brown Bess musket kit. Especially putting it in front of Fowler and Hawken rifle kits 😈 muhahahahaha… not kidding though. If I get obscenely rich, that’s ma project.

Hey @James Kibler
Waah! I want one with a brass patch box, no wait, german silver, no wait a Haines style with combo brass/silver yeah an a fruitwood stock no, wait, walnut, no, European walnut, no, Italian spaghetti wood, nope hazelwood sawn during a full moon, yeah, and a tapered octagonal barrel to round with two wedding rings, no wait, one ring, no wait, swamped with gold inlay! Yeah!👍 And flint on one side, percussion on the left to be inclusive. Oh yes and an articulating cast off (see inclusivity above) in .56.5 caliber. And I want it in kit form and I want it NOW!!
Tee hee har har.
Just havin’ fun….
Keep up with doing what you’re doing. Best wishes for continued success.
Snoot is done

It is clear to me a dirty borr has no benefits. Someone says "I get 25 ,shots without cleaning." So what? That just means you don't like to clean, and that is fine with everyone. Others like the consistent aspect of cleaning after each shot. Built up of crud is a fact. Some don't care. Others do. Some blow down the barrel. Others don't. Some load from the flask that carries their powder supply, some would never do that. We all think of the processes differently. Different shooters get different rewards out of muzzleloading. A never altered process makes shooting more enjoyable. but others get the same amount of pleasure being meticulous. I'd eat a raw frog before changing because I would rather not shoot than not being free to do it my way. I sad all that to say this: If Jim Kibler won't change his livelihood for you, you can go elsewhere. To ask someone to change what they have established because it is not the best thing for them. we are out of line to ask them to. It is so much easier to shop elsewhere.

Theirs several top builders who will make you a fine lefty for about 2 k + or -. Also in percussion if you want it.
But you have to look them up. One is Christopher Walker. Excellent builder.

Maybe he just needs to expand the factory a little to make those left handed muzzleloaders. It’s looks quite small.
IMG_2738.jpeg

Theirs several top builders who will make you a fine lefty for about 2 k + or -. Also in percussion if you want it.
But you have to look them up. One is Christopher Walker. Excellent builder.
One of the major selling points of a kibler kit is the ease of assembly. Congrats to Jim for creating this. So the first time assembler builder gets the pride of saying I built this and finished it and cross it off a bucket list. Of course there are builders out there for a price who will build a lefty or any other style of gun for someone, including a right handed fowler or half stock at a higher price of course than a kit.

Jim can probably tell us the rough number of first time makers. They get the pride of building one. Hiring it out regardless of the funds spent lacks the pride and ability to say I built and finished this. I have two right thumbs and an inability to take a plank, vision a gunstock in it and make one. Sorry I am what I am. The mentors to show me how are also going away.

I wish jim all the best in the world with his business. Yes I can pay $2-20k for a gun, but I did not build it. I bought it. There is a difference. Good luck Jim in building your business. Waiting on the inpatient ones to call for the fowler and half stock. I hear those are in the works.

Jim, we have had many conversations in the past. I have built at least one of each of your products for myself and others. I and many others defend your products on this forum vehemently.

I feel your time could be better spent working on a nice Kuntz or similar pistol design. I am getting older and wish to take up dueling, hopefully with some politicians.
A worthy aspireation, ubforunatly troublesome as they are a protected specie.
Unike the cougar in California only they did the voting to protect themselves, Here we were bombarded with propaganda for years with historical data about no recorded fatal with human encounters ever by the media, , yet within a year we of course had deat of a joger in the Cool area of Sierra fooihills .
Early this year six dogs were killed by cougars in a week in Nederland Colo.

Blitz

Last edited:
It is clear to me a dirty borr has no benefits. Someone says "I get 25 ,shots without cleaning." So what? That just means you don't like to clean, and that is fine with everyone. Others like the consistent aspect of cleaning after each shot. Built up of crud is a fact. Some don't care. Others do. Some blow down the barrel. Others don't. Some load from the flask that carries their powder supply, some would never do that. We all think of the processes differently. Different shooters get different rewards out of muzzleloading. A never altered process makes shooting more enjoyable. but others get the same amount of pleasure being meticulous. I'd eat a raw frog before changing because I would rather not shoot than not being free to do it my way. I sad all that to say this: If Jim Kibler won't change his livelihood for you, you can go elsewhere. To ask someone to change what they have established because it is not the best thing for them. we are out of line to ask them to. It is so much easier to shop elsewhere.
What- I am a former long range marksman and sniper school instructor. Every single trained sniper we educate/certify knows that you 10000% shoot a fouling shot to dirty the bore in your rifle. Yes we are talking modern stuff but the same is true for every single top shot in muzzleloader events they all shoot a fouling shot first thing. They might punch the barrel every shot or not but every single one shoots a dirty bore in match shooting.

If and when Jim offers a left hand gun I will order one. I shoot right hand but am willing to try the other side. I can shoot pistol either way. If it doesn’t work for me, sounds like i can easily sell a left hand gun.

Back