• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kibler side effect?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Poor business practice? Huh? I'm not exactly sure what you are saying in your response, but let me be clear, I don't owe left-handers anything. I sure hope you aren't suggesting that I do. Without apology, I make decisions based on what benefits the company the most. I have no moral obligation to offer particular products. Get real...

Yes, we have many customers who are left-handed and shoot our right-handed rifles. Yes, we will likely offer a left-handed rifle in maybe 5 years or so. What is wrong with either of these statements other than they don't suit your needs?

Am I reading this correctly? Do you really have this sense of entitlement?

Based on your message, I think you've done me a favor by finding someone else to do business with.
Jim , you couldn’t be more correct. Who needs that. I’m certain he’ll be much happier with a deficient lock. Your gain is the other businesses loss.

Jim , you couldn’t be more correct. Who needs that. I’m certain he’ll be much happier with a deficient lock. Your gain is the other businesses loss.
After working over 45 years in retail there is an old saying even before the internet, "1 good review will get you 5 customers, 1 bad review will cost you 50 new customers". The internet can destroy a business virtually overnite. Happens all the time these days. Never look down on a potential customer.

After working over 45 years in retail there is an old saying even before the internet, "1 good review will get you 5 customers, 1 bad review will cost you 50 new customers". The internet can destroy a business virtually overnite. Happens all the time these days. Never look down on a potential customer.
Depends wholly on who is doing the review and why. Get all bent out of shape because Kibler doesn’t offer one now? That’s not a proper review. It is a tantrum because something you want is not offered at this time. Review? No. Whine, yes. Why whine when someone doesn’t offer what you want for sale. I am a left handed shooter in a right hand world. I’ll be happy to buy one at some time down the road when Jim makes them. Until then, I’ll wait and continue to shoot right hand flintlocks. Buy what you want where you want. Disparaging a company because they don’t offer your choice is bizarre and immature.

We do not make custom rifles. We do not advertise to do so. We make kits that are not customizable.
OK,, it is simply a matter of our seeing things differently. You offer your kits with options. Calibers, barrels etc. A left-handed version is not one of them. We seem to have each found just the right words to set the other off. My fault. For whatever reason telling me your lefthanded customers shoot your right-handed kits set me off. It shouldn't have, it normally wouldn't but the timing was just wrong. Good luck to you sir, I wish you every success in your endeavor.

Depends wholly on who is doing the review and why. Get all bent out of shape because Kibler doesn’t offer one now? That’s not a proper review. It is a tantrum because something you want is not offered at this time. Review? No. Whine, yes. Why whine when someone doesn’t offer what you want for sale. I am a left handed shooter in a right hand world. I’ll be happy to buy one at some time down the road when Jim makes them. Until then, I’ll wait and continue to shoot right hand flintlocks. Buy what you want where you want. Disparaging a company because they don’t offer your choice is bizarre and immature.
Have not done that. Just saying seen businesses gone overnite because someone did not get enough free mustard. It is the world we live in. Seen supreme court cases because a cake was not made to order remember?

I agree as a fellow lefty. Very tired of folks telling me I have to adapt. They need to tape their right hand closed and live a day like we have to. Had nuns and basketball coaches do that to me to force me to be right handed. Stubborn, did not take then and will not now.
AHHH, another left-handed Catholic School boy. Being beaten by Nuns for using the "wrong" hand can indeed give you an attitude. It certainly gave me one. You either cave or become stubborn and defiant. It's no excuse for me going off as I did but sometimes circumstances cause one to act out of character.

AHHH, another left-handed Catholic School boy. Being beaten by Nuns for using the "wrong" hand can indeed give you an attitude. It certainly gave me one. You either cave or become stubborn and defiant. It's no excuse for me going off as I did but sometimes circumstances cause one to act out of character.
That ruler to the back of the hand hurt. They were not gentle nuns and I was 7 years old. And I had to run 20 laps when I asked the basketball coach why he did not tape the right handers hands up.

Last edited:
If you want a left hand rifle Contact Christopher Walker. He will make you one fine rifle. Also on the Kentish of English locks. I was talking about current contemporary lock makers. FWIW

Don't think Jim is looking done on anybody, he's just following his business model that has a successful track record. I've purchased 5 Kibler kits, they have all been outstanding. I've had 3 issues that were all or mostly my fault, they took care of the issues promptly with no complaints or second guessing. It's hard for a company to get bad reviews when their products and service are like that.

That ruler to the back of the hand hurt. They were not gentle nuns and I was 7 years old. And I had to run 20 laps when I asked the basketball coach why he did not tape the right handers hands up.
Was it one of those triangle jobs? We had Sisters of St, Joseph. They armed themselves with a three foot long hickory pointer. Think ramrod. You could hear that sucker whistle through the air before it landed.

If you want a left hand rifle Contact Christopher Walker. He will make you one fine rifle. Also on the Kentish of English locks. I was talking about current contemporary lock makers. FWIW
Thank you. I really want to make it myself not have one made for me.

Having built a couple hundred muzzle loaders, and several hundred cartridge rifles, I would put lefty percentage at 3%, at most. It seems the only reasonable thing for them to do would be to donate the money and equipment to build to their specs.
That sounds right. While lefties are about 11-15% of the total population many of them grow up either learning to shoot right-handed or are not shooters at all. In conversations with Remington about left-handed 700's and 1100's 3-4% is what they put the numbers at. Now, that was over 10 years ago before I retired but I doubt it has changed. I was hoping to find a kit to make it go faster but I've lined up all the parts and it looks like I will have to go with a stock blank. That is where I slow to a crawl. That always gives me trouble and the result is seldom pretty. It should be easy, All I have to do is take the blank and cut away everything that doesn't look like a Revolutionary-era rifle. Nothin' to it.

Can't comment on Kibler kits or finished product other than they look real good. As for my Pedersoli Frontiers; maple flint & walnut cap are both good lookers and shooters. Zero issues, fit & finish great. So much so that I just bought another caplock in fancy maple. To each his own, I'd rather shoot than build. :)

I have waited three years for a fowler which was to happen already and the woodsrunner got moved up. Stuff happens… sometimes you just have to wait or do it yourself.

You have to look at the cost vs. benefit when in manufacturing. Jim K. could sell 100 RH kits while making 3 LH kits that may or may not sell. If you really want a LH kit, offer to pay a non-refundable deposit up front and wait. That will let him know how much interest there really is. I'm left-handed, and I prefer RH rifles. I don't see near the flash that way.

I am right handed but I can shoot pistols better with left hand. I usually shoot them with right hand because going lefty just feels weird.

Back