• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kibler screwed me

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think there would be a second hand market or even a first hand market for Kiblers crates!
being thicker headed than Brother Pratt above I would need a instructional video as just how to pack things.
Jim, you listening? I am sure you have nothing else going on to keep you busy.🤣
maybe i am behind the times and they are already available.
without a doubt there has been a lot of thought put into Kiblers shipping crates. After having experienced the heartbreak of opening a crate and finding the stock broken in half I would buy one wherever i could get it.

My Woodsrunner kit from Kibler arrived today. Man, are there lots of screws holding the cover on the box. They're more than I want to take out with a screwdriver in my arthritic hands and my battery powered drill is dead. Bummer! I'll put off opening it for a bit. However, I'm really curious to see what's inside. Brie at Kibler's told me they had selected a nice cherry stock for me. I had requested a stock with a bit of figure. I'm going to take assembly of the kit slow and easy so I'm telling myself to not get overly anxious to see what arrived.

I'm looking forward with dread to getting an SMR within the week. I haven't paid for it yet, and I'm so far over budget this month one more gun purchase might lead to violence. My big ceramic piggy bank is full and I know where my hammer is.
Hi KV,
Do you have a brace and bit? Put a screw driver bit in the brace and away you go almost as easy as a power drill.
dave

I clicked on it too because I knew it was a joke. Glad I did to see that beautiful rifle.
Yep, I thought the best case scenario was it is a joke. Worse case was a bunch of us piling on to a dude because he went to a forum with a complaint instead of manning up and talking to Kibler about it had there been a real problem. Glad it was option one.

On Friday I received my Fedex shipment of a 2nd hand LH Early Virginia FL rifle made by TVM years ago, and it came in a Jim Kibler Box !!!!
I suppose that's something at least, I have an original Kibler box.

Here it is, an authentic and original J. Kibler (unsigned) ML shipping box in very good condition NOT FOR SALE.
If anyone can verify that the enscribed "Splintered Use Gloves" is J Kiblers handwriting I'd appreciate it, the Box will be highly valued with such a provenance.

Many thanks to Flint62Smoothie for smuggling the J. Kibler Box out of the USA, and for the superb TVM Early Virginia LH FL contained within.
Authentic J. Kibler Box  with hand writing. .jpg

Unfortunately we Aussies remain in a state of severe deprivation when it comes to a genuine J. Kibler Kit, rumour has it that ol Jim didnt take it well when Nicole Kidman didnt reply to his letters years ago, so there wont be any chance of getting a Kibler Kit Down Under.

Attachments

• Authentic original J. Kibler ML Box. .jpg
    Authentic original J. Kibler ML Box. .jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
My Woodsrunner kit from Kibler arrived today. Man, are there lots of screws holding the cover on the box. They're more than I want to take out with a screwdriver in my arthritic hands and my battery powered drill is dead. Bummer! I'll put off opening it for a bit. However, I'm really curious to see what's inside. Brie at Kibler's told me they had selected a nice cherry stock for me. I had requested a stock with a bit of figure. I'm going to take assembly of the kit slow and easy so I'm telling myself to not get overly anxious to see what arrived.

I'm looking forward with dread to getting an SMR within the week. I haven't paid for it yet, and I'm so far over budget this month one more gun purchase might lead to violence. My big ceramic piggy bank is full and I know where my hammer is.
Good to know about the secure packaging! I see what you mean about "being 'screwed'":)

They'll be worth something if someone doesn't go sanding away the old "patina" of tape remnants, splinters, dings, natural oxidation, and especially the priceless original adhesive labels.

Renwax, anyone?

Hahah! When I first read the title of your post.. I was like, oh manure! Then chuckled as I read the post. Keep us up to date as to the progress of your kit.. I just ordered a woodsrunner.
I just ordered a Kibler Colonial Longrifle Kit with 'walnut' stock this morning 7/28/2023. My birthday gift to me for Aug. 11, 2023. Brie said it will be sent out in about 2 weeks. Then the fun begins.

Back