• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kibler kit assembly and carving

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is why I asked him if he would be interested in doing this rifle. I spoke with a few builders on the phone before Dave, but he was the person that I could truly hear the passion he has for the craft. It was a no brainer in the first 2 minutes of the conversation.
It seems you made the right decision and I can't wait to see it with finish.

HI Dave
Your work is inspirational if also daunting to attempt to emulate.
May I ask. How do you get the carving to look alive?
I am still practising and as much as I can do a crude scroll it looks applied and flat. I was thinking of sanding the edges softly but am also reluctant to do so.
Looking at yours they seem to be rolled slightly, are they or is this an illusion?
Ive not heard from you for ages Good on Yer ,
Regards Rudyard

I'll shoot it and hunt with it for you then. Lol.
It has to pass by here on it's way to you anyway.....
Seriously though. To me at least, part of the beauty with these is that they are functional artistry. Yes, they will pick up signs of use. As long as it isn't abuse, it is character. Let someone generations from now wonder about the carving that has some wear to it or is worn away, let then wonder the stories a well carved but well used rifle could tell.

Safe queens have no tales to tell.
Quite right any rifle or gun I make for me I used it like it's just a tool and a walking stick when in the woods/bush. Rain, snow ,or boil it has to get used to not being nursed .untill it becomes mellowed by fair use .What a customer does is up to hm. My pets are never 'Safe Queens '.
All Hail Dave he's a gun makers gun maker.. And I've met many fine Gunmakers .My modesty & realization's doesn't put me into these ellevated ranks but after two hundred or so I do have a few clues. I have made numbers of long rifles but just as happy to make a much wider variety of global styles and dates .From British Military Carbines to a Nigerian' Dane gun '.Where ever they lived and when they lived they where All gunmakers ..
Muesing Rudyard

Latest posts

Back