• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Kibler Woodsrunner Assembly Progress

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While the stock is not fancy, the patch box lid seems to be!

Attachments

• 984AD840-87F3-4D83-98DE-3FA4191F8552.jpeg
    984AD840-87F3-4D83-98DE-3FA4191F8552.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Looks like the end grain comes out at the wrist area, and it soaked up more of the stain. If you look at some of the old guns you will see the same. I like the look of it.

OP.

Look carefully at the grain in the wrist. It is a lot of end grain. Those tiny tubes will drink up AF or stain like a sponge. It's not the first upper wrist area to be much darker than the rest of the stock.

I don't think scraping it down will help. Nature of the beast.

For what it's worth, it's a beautiful job you did as well as the carving.

Personally, I'd leave her alone.

P.S. Quick Silver and I typing at the same time.

Last edited:
If it bothers you too much you can try to rub it back with oil and 0000 wool. It may bring it back in line with the rest. It certainly won’t hurt anything
And I thing the carving and finish is great, nice job!

OP.

Look carefully at the grain in the wrist. It is a lot of end grain. Those tiny tubes will drink up AF or stain like a sponge. It's not the first upper wrist area to be much darker than the rest of the stock.

I don't think scraping it down will help. Nature of the beast.

For what it's worth, it's a beautiful job you did as well as the carving.

Personally, I'd leave her alone.

P.S. Quick Silver and I typing at the same time.

Good advice. Thanks!

Back