• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kibler hawken

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Critterkiller

32 Cal
Reaction score
A year or so ago I read that Kibler may be coming out with a hawken style rifle, so I have put off buying one. I can not find any thing nor can I contact them by email. Their email address always comes back as “ fatal “ non delivered. Does any one know if it is still in the works, or was I miss lead to begin with ?

I heard they're working on a double barrel Hawken mountain fowler with English, French and German influences in both 16 and 20 gauge.

Not sure how the hybrid Flint/Percussion lock will work out, but it's supposed to be super-fast.
Let me know when this model comes with a 4 bore on one side and rifled .177 on the other.

So...
Not to be critical but....

Have you noticed how long it has taken Mr. Kibler to come out with the fowler, there has been endless speculation since the announcement for months and months and other than references to pictures we still know very little about it or when we can start ordering etc.

This is not to be critical of Jim, as someone who has a little knowledge about bringing a new product to market I am sure he has his hands full with the endless details and working out the finer points before a final product can be released. You do not make a decision to bring a new product to market and EUREKA! there it is.

If you want a Kibler Hawken my suggestion would be to buy a used production Hawken and work on your shooting skills because brother, you are going to have some time on your hands.

Considering Kibler LongRifles is a privately owned business, with the owner being the primary designer, engineer, machinist, employee trainer, etc. , and so far his three designs have each been pretty much flawless, with amazing customr services and product quality...(OKAY>>>>A mother of a run on sentence!<<<<
The fowler would be a totally new and different arm...not like the Woods Runner, which shared a lot of the Colonials features, so I am guessing it will be slower in introduction.
I think he is doing great introducing a new product every few year, as well as expanding his retail operation. I would think the Hawken repro market is well represented, so I am sure he is going to be sure to introduce something very different than what is out there. Myself, I think the Hawken design is one of the more practical hunting arms...and would love to see a quality accurate rifle but in perhaps a lighter version than the "Jeremiah Johnson" 12 lb work horse. My question...will it be percussion, as most were? if so, Jim will be designing from scratch his own lock, i would guess.

... nor can I contact them by email. Their email address always comes back as “ fatal “ non delivered.....
Jim Kibler is a member of this forum, so you could send him a private message through this forum. I've sent emails to the company address with no problem, and got replies, so the problem might be on your end. Just guessing.

I will attempt a serious response. Jim has announced his next kit will be a fowler. As I recall he said it would be a while before the next kit…. I would guess at least a year. It may or may not be a Hawken.

If you ever handled an original Hawken at 11.5#, you wouldn't want one nearly as bad. My younger brother wanted one, and I refused to build it for him. He found a guy who would, and regrets it after carrying it one hunting season. I knew better after carrying a 11.5# Sharps Business rifle one season for a couple hunts.

I will start a new thread entitled, " How Do You Clean Your Linear Accelerator? Is WD40 OK"?"
NO!! NO!! NEVER put WD-40 on a linear accelerator. The possibilities for wrecking multiple reality continuums is endless!!

You must use low heat processed Yak oil rendered on the first full moon in the highest Himalayas by Tibetan monks on a Thursday after Taco Tuesday.

Don

P.S. - Never buy the fake stuff from Madagascar, it has to many impurities.

My question...will it be percussion, as most were? if so, Jim will be designing from scratch his own lock, i would guess.
When Jim mentioned in a different thread that he might make a Hawken he called it the "dread Hawken", so obviously it will have a dread lock. It should be very popular in Jamaica. :rolleyes:

Back