• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kibler Colonial Trigger Guard Wrong?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am thinking of getting the Kibler Colonial Rifle Kit. My buddy who is “in the know” on colonial era rifles was telling me the trigger guard that comes with the kit is of a much later style. Like 1780s-90s. Is there any truth to this? If so can anyone recommend a replacement?

.Jim K. doesn't say his rifle is a copy of anything. It is a generic rifle. Maybe a Moravian or jaeger guard would be different, but after that it is close enough to be from the period.

At some some point any repo is wrong, to find it may get nit picky but even the finest bench copy is wrong.
As said above contact Kibler and make a decision based on what you can learn

You guys have buddy's?
1712521841277.png

At some some point any repo is wrong, to find it may get nit picky but even the finest bench copy is wrong.
I once had someone complain about my Lyman GPR having a coiled spring in the lock. My response was I don't care and, by the way, you have a stainless touch hole liner in your rifle.

Latest posts

Back