• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kibler Colonial double-set trigger

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was curious if anyone has installed a double-set trigger in a Kibler Colonial. It looks like there should be enough room inside the standard trigger guard bow. Thanks ....

first off, does the lock have a fly??
I don't know; I don't have it yet. It comes with Kibler's round-faced English flintlock. I have Kibler's SMR with the Kentland lock and it does have a fly. I'll check out the link @Dave Marsh posted above. Kibler does not sell a double-set trigger to use with the Colonial. Already checked with them by email.

Ahhh.. just checked the link and the answer is yes, it has a fly.

Last edited:
I was curious if anyone has installed a double-set trigger in a Kibler Colonial. It looks like there should be enough room inside the standard trigger guard bow. Thanks ....
I enquired about doing that with the woods runner, Jim suggested a single set trigger would probably a better option. I assume the colonial is similar.

Here's one the Mike did. It takes a small filler on each side of the single trigger plate inlet. The single trigger plate is wider than the set trigger plate.

Brooks rifle 003.JPG

You can install a Davis #4 in the Kibler Colonial. A friend of mine installed one in my Colonial and I like it a lot better. My friend thinks he can install one in my Woodsrunner. He took measurements and thinks he can install one in the Woodsrunner. I hope so because I like set triggers better than simple triggers.

The Davis #4 is the one I used, biggest problem is the trigger guard, you might have to do a little bending to get it the way you want and then some filling in the opening that the gun comes with. I know your work, YOU can do it!:p

The Davis #4 is the one I used, biggest problem is the trigger guard, you might have to do a little bending to get it the way you want and then some filling in the opening that the gun comes with. I know your work, YOU can do it!:p
Yeah, I have the Davis #4 on my Verner rifle. It’s just too big for the Woodsrunner. Maybe I should start a new thread on this rather than hijacking the thread. It’s a good subject.

Yeah, might be a good idea, seems like guys are interested in doing it, especially on the Woods runner, mine works pretty good on my colonial. I got the idea after shooting my SMR and seeing how fast it was and then Mike's rifle showing it.

Back