• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kansas Rabbit Hunt

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys. This is a rabbit I harvested earlier this year. I was poking around the woods with my Pedersoli 12 gauge cap gun. I think he was less than 20 yards in heavy brush when I got him. Pretty sure I used the cylinder barrel (but honestly can’t remember). Regardless, it was a memorable hunt and the rabbit ate just fine. Enjoy!

Don't see a photo. Otherwise that's cool. It's interesting that these types of guns make everything more interesting and memorable.

I wish we had edible rabbits around here, we just have big ol jack rabbits, they look like a cottontail on meth.

IMG_0572.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0572.jpeg
    IMG_0572.jpeg
    6.7 MB · Views: 0
Ok that's better :). Are the barrels improved cylinder and modified?
AP, right barrel is cylinder. The left barrel measures .672 at the muzzle, which leads me to believe it is a full choke. With that said, the left barrel doesn’t pattern like a full (more like a light modified). Both barrels will bust a clay pigeon just fine!

AP, right barrel is cylinder. The left barrel measures .672 at the muzzle, which leads me to believe it is a full choke. With that said, the left barrel doesn’t pattern like a full (more like a light modified). Both barrels will bust a clay pigeon just fine!
If it is .627" then its to tight and will do more harm than good.

I suspect that might be the case on my left barrel. Any thought on how I might remedy that? The barrels are chrome lined. I do t know if that complicates things or not. Thanks for your feedback!
I measured the left barrel again yesterday. I did not measure correctly when I first used my micrometer a few days ago. The left barrel is most definitely a modified barrel and the right is closer to improved cylinder.

With that said, I missed a nice tom turkey yesterday at 25 yards with this shotgun…which was very frustrating. To the credit of the gun, i shot with the right/improved cylinder barrel and failed to use the left/modified barrel. That miss is entirely on me. I have till the end of the month to get a “re do” on that hunt.

Back