• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Juerg from Switzerland

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juerg

32 Cal.
Reaction score
A friend of my brought me to a group who loves muzzleloader. In the army I used to shoot with full automatic guns (CH-Sturmgewehr). At that time I didn’t like to shoot. Now, I like how to load and all the things around. In particular all the adjusting with the bullets and powder.
In the next few days I’m going to buy a rifle. Either a Hawken or a Pedersoli Tryon Creedmore. For granted it is a .45 and has diopter an tunnel front sight.
If you have something to say, please tell me.

Glad to have you with us. It'll be nice to get a different perspective on things, a different point of view. There are good people here and you will get a lot of good information from this group. It'll be interesting to see how things are different from here to there. Take care, Rick.

What brand(s) of black powder do they carry over there in Switzerland?

"SWISS POWDER" is a lucky guess.

Can you get any American black powders there?

@ DEADDAWG
The hobby with blackpowder can’t be that different from here to there. I wandering what people will tell me. I didn’t find a lot of forum-user from east of the Atlantic. What might be the reason?

@musketman
The guy’s I’m with, they use Swisspowder. Next time I look up the brand and I'll tell you.

Juerg
Hello from the state of Iowa. Good to hear from you. Do you get a chance to hunt over their? What kind of game animals?
No Powder

Juerg,
Welcome to the camp! Good to have shooters from the old country join us here on the Forum. I been shootin' black powder since 1976 and just could not think of doin' it any other way. Spent 22 years in the army shootin' whatever they gave me. But this is something I also enjoy.
cool.gif

tuffy from the state of Kansas

Here you can see what I bought recently:

Juerg's Hobbypage

I know, you think it should be written in English. I try to give you a version in English afterwards.
Greetings
Juerg
cool.gif

Latest posts

Back