• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Fairly new guy from Colorado

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all,

My name is John and I'm certainly glad to be here. Being in my 50's, I prefer a forum like this over Facebook groups. I love shooting black powder, ever since I was little I've always been a huge fan of traditional muzzleloaders. I had a in-line for over twenty years but rarely shot it. One day, in a local gun store, I found a LH (I'm a lefty) Cabela's .54Cal Hawken rifle. I loved it so much that I've mainly been shooting black powder in recent years. I actualy have five LH black powder rifles and a couple of RH rifles and flintlock pistols. I don't hunt anymore but I sure love the rush of hitting a bowling pin at 150 yards with a patch & ball. I'm a Retired Army Warrant Officer (Maint Tech) and I love to fish, shoot and drag race...

Last edited:
Hello all,

My name is John and I'm certainly glad to be here. Being in my 50's, I prefer a forum like this over Facebook groups. I love shooting black powder, ever since I was little I've always been a huge fan of traditional muzzleloaders. I had a in-line for over twenty years but rarely shot it. One day, in a local gun store, I found a LH (I'm a lefty) Cabela's .54Cal Hawken rifle. I loved it so much that I've mainly been shooting black powder in recent years. I actualy have five LH black powder rifles and a couple of RH rifles and flintlock pistols. I don't hunt anymore but I sure love the rush of hitting a bowling pin at 150 yards with a patch & ball. I'm a Retired Army Warrant Officer (Maint Tech) and I love to fish, shoot and drag race...
Glad to meet a fellow Coloradan that likes black powder aroma therapy! New guy here myself.

Back