• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hi from Queensland, Australia

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aussie pete

40 Cal
Reaction score
Hi all. I'm Pete. Introducing myself to all the members. I have been following for a while now, gaining lots of useful information that people have posted. As well as the keen local group here in North Queensland, your contributors have really helped me get my stable of arms going: Pedersoli 54 Tryon, Pedersoli 54 Rocky Mountain Hawken, Parker Hale 53 and Parker Hale 58. I look forward to joining in on some conversations when I can match appropriate input. My hobbies are bird photography, wildlife observation, being out in the bush, and enjoying aspects of loading and shooting in close.
ML1.JPG
ML2.jpg

Sambar or Rusa ?.
You remind me of a line of Paterson's , viz
"And the bush has friends to meet him and their kindly voices greet him, ,In the murmur of the breezes and the river on its bars , And he see's the vision splendid of the sunlit plains extended , And at night the wonderous glory of the everlasting stars' " No flintlocks ? Welcome to the forums .
Rudyard

G'day from Vic.

Very envious of you northerners with those chital, beautiful deer.

If not already, this forum will make a flint shooter out of you!

Sambar or Rusa ?.
You remind me of a line of Paterson's , viz
"And the bush has friends to meet him and their kindly voices greet him, ,In the murmur of the breezes and the river on its bars , And he see's the vision splendid of the sunlit plains extended , And at night the wonderous glory of the everlasting stars' " No flintlocks ? Welcome to the forums .
Rudyard
Bushfire is right on the money with the species, Rudyard. The deer in the two images are Chital. Where I visit up here, there are some pretty well-established pockets of them, having been introduced from India in the early 1800's. And no, no flintlock yet, but who's to know what's down the road. Thanks for the welcome, all, and Banjo Paterson's lines from Clancy of the Overflow, Rudyard.

G’day from Central Qld. Where are you based?
Townsville, Anthony; although the suburbs have expanded a lot, I still see the place as a garrison town. I've been here since 95, when they told me I had to leave Melbourne with a very short haircut and a promotion to CSM. Like a lot of others from the green machine, when I discharged, I stayed on.

Hi all. I'm Pete. Introducing myself to all the members. I have been following for a while now, gaining lots of useful information that people have posted. As well as the keen local group here in North Queensland, your contributors have really helped me get my stable of arms going: Pedersoli 54 Tryon, Pedersoli 54 Rocky Mountain Hawken, Parker Hale 53 and Parker Hale 58. I look forward to joining in on some conversations when I can match appropriate input. My hobbies are bird photography, wildlife observation, being out in the bush, and enjoying aspects of loading and shooting in close.View attachment 182358View attachment 182361
I know the police don’t bother hunters much in Queensland But WA Perth you cannot hunt with a muzzle loader , use a proper gun , nothing to hunt anyway toured south to Bumbry and as far up as Exmouth nothing , been visiting relatives in Perth a good few times at 79 the 23 hour flight is getting a bit much. Let’s see some photos of water buff hunting. , you did have a wild hippo your way not heard any more news on it past years Cousins kids lived in Darwin long way up north. Coming out of Perth past Guildford I put Darwin into Tom Tom “ take a left turn, after 2300 miles take a right turn and you have reached your destination “. Nice to meet you , bloody cold frozen up in UK Me in OZ

Just got back from Cannaries sun

Attachments

• AC23495D-3D49-4D0A-9693-434242874612.jpeg
    AC23495D-3D49-4D0A-9693-434242874612.jpeg
    174.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 4A5A33E1-C9E4-45A2-93CB-AAE70EDC060B.jpeg
    4A5A33E1-C9E4-45A2-93CB-AAE70EDC060B.jpeg
    166.5 KB · Views: 0
  • C992E4F3-3F15-424E-9C18-75E78FB17A7C.jpeg
    C992E4F3-3F15-424E-9C18-75E78FB17A7C.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • F49D7E13-22E1-40D6-89F0-6960525426B8.jpeg
    F49D7E13-22E1-40D6-89F0-6960525426B8.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Bushfire is right on the money with the species, Rudyard. The deer in the two images are Chital. Where I visit up here, there are some pretty well-established pockets of them, having been introduced from India in the early 1800's. And no, no flintlock yet, but who's to know what's down the road. Thanks for the welcome, all, and Banjo Paterson's lines from Clancy of the Overflow, Rudyard.
Dear Pete. I knew it wasn't a common deer ,Never considered Chital or Axis deer But very familiar with the Bi annual antlers . I bought a lot from Horn Scale cutters for Knife and in my case inlays since unlike the common Reds there is just a small hole rather than the center being mostly pithy stuff like Reds .So it was a prime choice for large cutlery as they could take the exposed ends down with out exposing the pithy stuff , it was gathered from shed heads but Indians where wont to kill it to get the head .
. Paterson, Yes good stuff is Paterson a positive to Lawson's tending to be negative . Flintlocks grow on you but if not careful you might find yourself on a slippery slope & degenerate to Snaphances /English" locks, wheellocks & in severer cases Matchlocks &' hande gunnes' from which there is little hope of recovery' hmmm Good on yer .
Regards Rudyard

Back