• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FOR SALE Jim Kibler SMR

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russ498

32 Cal
Reaction score
I have a Jim Kibler Southern Mountain Rifle kit in 40 caliber. I built in about three months. I ordered it with the extra fancy maple stock. When the rifle was shipped, the stock was broken. Because I had to wait a little bit, Jim said he was going to send me an even better quality stocks that he had intended to use for himself. This piece of wood is fabulous. I finished the stock with iron nitrate with a light oil finish. This is the only way to finish fine quality maple. The metal work is finished in a natural oiled rust finish that is period correct. The gun has never been shot. I am including a $70 gun sock. These photographs are terrible. I have good quality detailed photographs available but for some reason I can't upload them on the site. Email or PM me and I will send them to you. The kit cost $1325. Jim Kibler charges $700 to assemble it.
I would like to get $1525 for it which would give me about a dollar an hour for my labor:doh:

IMG_2311.jpeg
IMG_2314.jpeg
IMG_2316.jpeg
IMG_2318.jpeg
IMG_2264.jpeg

How do you measure the heel and comb drop?
Place a straight edge along the top of the barrel back to the end of the stock. Take the measurement from the straight-edge down at a right angle to the beginning of the comb and again at the end of the stock.

I have a 40 cal Kibler SMR that I put together. The only thing I don't like about it is that if I use more than 40 grains of 3F the comb bites my cheek bone. That's mainly because I'm what they call a "stock crawler" and it's hard to change. Other than that it's a great rifle that I shoot a lot. I'm 6' 1" if that helps deciding the stock fit.

I wasn't able to text the photographs. I think the file is too large. I can send them to an email.

(PM the member to obtain the phone number if you wish to speak directly to him)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back