• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Jas. Townsend

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loyalist Dave

Cannon
Staff member
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
James "Jim" Townsend of Jas. Townsend & Son which is now known as Townsends' has passed away. Mr. Townsend passed away over the weekend from complications from a heart attack. His son John runs Townsends, and we are all familiar with Jim's son, John, from the cooking videos that he has produced in the past few years. Jas. Townsend & Son was born in 1973 (didn't yet have that name) when Jim started making candle lanterns, and it grew into the large mail-order sutlery, and later online sutler and YouTube channel today known as Townsends. I am sorry for the loss of one of the foundational fellows of our current hobby. Glad for the fact he saw his concern grow into the internationally known and well liked firm that it is today.

🥺

LD

Last edited:
OH NOOO! Sooo sad to hear this. I love his videos. We lost a great Historical figure. He had a lot of knowledge. My prayers go to his family.

a
Anthony

So sorry to hear of his passing, prayers and condolences to his family. What a contribution to preservation of our history.

Sorry to hear this news. Seems like 2022 has gotten off to a poor start. Hope the Townsend family is watched over at this sad time.

Sad news. I remember when the business advertised in the pages of Muzzleloader Magazine as Frontier Lanterns. May he rest in peace.

Latest posts

Back