• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Iron/Brass Rings/Chain/buckles

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all. Have sort of an unusual request here. I searching for a source of supply for the following:
1. Small, various diameters, round rings made of iron and brass (not plated). Primitive type.
2. Small diameter chain, similar to above.
3. Small buckles forged iron and brass for use on pouch and powder horn straps and the like.

Any help greatly appreciated. Rick.

Ricky:
The last ones I used for a hunting pouch I made myself using copper ground wire from Home Depot. They carry #4, #6 & #8 solid copper. Used a mandrel to make them round then silver soldered them into a solid ring. Turned out looking really nice.

Dan

Neat video. I'm sure after the first dozen or so it might be as easy as it looks. I would caution, for those who don't know, the bandsaw used was not your ordinary wood working shop bandsaw. It had to be a metal cutter.
I find brazing rod to be a handy material for projects like this and others. Very durable stuff.

Back