• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Into the Wild Frontier

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking forward to the Bridger episode, hopefully they will do a Simon Kenton episode, he seems to always get left out somehow. Anyone else notice that? Itā€™s like he constantly gets overshadowed by Daniel Boone.

Muzzleloader Magazine discusses that very thing. Seems like the last three issues have had an article about Mr. Kenton.

RM

Jim Bridger is tonight! I think they are going to discuss the Hugh Glass connection as well????

The entire episode was devoted to the Glass/Bridger story , which I found to be quite disappointing in that it was one episode out of Bridger's life -- if it was even that. There seems to be a lot of dispute about whether it was actually Bridger (as opposed to someone else named "Bridges") who left Glass for dead. And as far as I can see the only information we have on that is fragmentary stories from people who weren't directly involved and which were often "reported" or written some time later, or involved even more indirect "hearsay". What's the general consensus (and real evidence available) on this nowadays? It seems impossible to come to any very confident conclusion either way. :confused:

I think the series is great to watch. My impression from the first two episodes is that the focus appears to be more in the direction of retelling "legends" than on historical accuracy. It will be interesting to see how it develops over time. I'm enjoying it, but have a nagging sense of skepticism about the history being presented.

I'd like to watch them but my isp channel doesn't put these programs until eleven pm which is a little late for tv watching for me. I saw the first part of the Bridger segment got bored and went to bed.

I'll watch anything pertaining to the Mountain Man era and I've really enjoyed both of them so far. Looking forward to the others and sure....every production will have something that's not to our liking for one reason or another but I really like what INSP has done here. My mid 20's son is watching the series too along with a couple of his college buddies and many times the conversations are "I had no idea that...." All great stuff in my opinion.

I couldn't wait for this series to begin. So far haven't been disappointed. I read all that I can about old things
and muzzleloaders. While in collage , for a speech class I gave a speech/demonstration on loading a
black powder shotgun. I doubt you could do that now in these times.
gunny

Pretty lame.

Looks like it was shot by theater students in the woods out behind campus.

Hope springs eternal with this stuff.

Here is the Jim Bridger episode. These are better than nothing, especially for someone who doesn't know the stories. I suppose they are as accurate as any other TV or movie done about the Mountain Men. And of course like all before them they rehash the same stories, no doubt because it's easy since it's been done many times before, which is unfortunate since there is documentation on somewhere around 400 mountain men.

Back