• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Into the Wild Frontier on The Inspirational channel.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Sister lived on Rochester Ave just off the back straight away in Indy in the 60’s…

I can still remember hearing those engines screaming as they flew down the back stretch!

Lots of good memories there.👍

Well I’m going to check it out. Can’t be as bad as all the other manure on the ‘idiot box”.
You are perfectly correct. It is way better than a lot of the junk they are throwing on TV. As far as I'm concerned, no one really knows what is/was period correct. They wore and possessed what was available and/or what they could make and design. There are probably plenty of variations of clothing, food, firearms, etc. that we have not seen yet and may never see. TDM, there's an old saying, some folks would "B**CH" if they were hung with a new rope!😁

Last edited:
FIL, 94yr old, had to move in with us a few months ago. I don't watch much TV, mostly read, that way I control content and speed. Rewind is a lot easier with a book. Anyhoo when changing channels for him, INSP, I ran across Into The Wild Frontier a few days ago. I watched the first episode am looking forward to the others. That is when I put the books down.

I’m watching them now. I’m enjoying it. I see the new clean buckskins and such. It doesn’t bother me. It takes me back and I’ve learned some things history wise.
The clean buckskins were because they didn't use many actual actors, or costume designers, but instead used local mountain man club buckskinners (who care about their valuable buckskins and don't soil them much during monthly shoots).
Most of the camp scenes were shot right on the Jefferson River in places that Lewis and Clark were known to have camped. The mountain scenes were filmed on the hill north the tiny town of McAllister Montana, above the Madison river.

Back