• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Into the Wild Frontier on The Inspirational channel.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Two Feathers

62 Cal.
MLF Sponsor
Reaction score
Howdy folks:
Has anyone besides me watched "Into the Wild Frontier?" It's on the INSP channel.
It's pretty good. It covers Lewis & Clark's westward voyage. It has weekly episodes showcasing Lewis & Clark, Jim Bridger, Hugh Glass, Jeremiah Johnson, and all the rest of the Mountain Men and Fur Trappers of the late 1700's and early 1800's. I'm watching it every week. Around here (NE Pa.) it's on Breezeline (formerly Atlantic Broadband) it's on Sat. night at 2000.
Just do a Tivo search. I'm sure you'll like it.
Simply thought I'd mention it?
God bless:
Two Feathers

I haven’t seen it but thanks for sharing this info. I’m definitely going to look for it.
ppg1949: Speedway Ind.??? You live in the same city as a friend of mine who owns a Leather tool and supply company. Small world...huh?
You are very welcome. I'm sure there are those who view it with the intent of picking apart any historical inaccuracies, but I look at it like it's entertainment., so be entertained. If you want to nit pic, become a history professor then you can tell it like it should be.
I hope you find it and enjoy it? I'm loving it.
God bless:
'Two Feathers

Two Feathers, Yup I’m a Speedway Sparkplug. Grew up there in the 50’s & 60’s. I lived a few blocks from the track. I was livin’ the dream but didn’t know it. One of my older deceased brothers used to say “We grew up in a golden era” and he was right. I like the Inspiration channel because they show a lot of the Western tv shows from the 60’s & 70’s .Thanks, Phill

Don't get me started on that show. I watched the first two episodes and rather enjoyed it. Then they pulled it from YouTube and removed it from all platforms available in my country. I emailed them a couple of times asking if there was anyway to access it and they didn't even dignify me with a response.

Two Feathers, Yup I’m a Speedway Sparkplug. Grew up there in the 50’s & 60’s. I lived a few blocks from the track. I was livin’ the dream but didn’t know it. One of my older deceased brothers used to say “We grew up in a golden era” and he was right. I like the Inspiration channel because they show a lot of the Western tv shows from the 60’s & 70’s .Thanks, Phill
Graduated college and moved to mussman dr in speedway in late 70's. Life moved us away. 4 Blocks north of the 4th turn.

Howdy folks:
Has anyone besides me watched "Into the Wild Frontier?" It's on the INSP channel.
It's pretty good. It covers Lewis & Clark's westward voyage. It has weekly episodes showcasing Lewis & Clark, Jim Bridger, Hugh Glass, Jeremiah Johnson, and all the rest of the Mountain Men and Fur Trappers of the late 1700's and early 1800's. I'm watching it every week. Around here (NE Pa.) it's on Breezeline (formerly Atlantic Broadband) it's on Sat. night at 2000.
God bless:
Two Feathers

And here we are in Australia and its unavailable.
Is there a DVD copy ?

I have seen a few episodes but got bored with it....nothing new, and all the shiny new fashionable buckskins got annoying. And what the heck with all the celebrity commentators? Steve Rinelli? I like his show, but make the connection here for me?

Howdy folks:
God bless:
Two Feathers
Watched it when it first came out. Doesn't seem to be any new seasons on DISH. BTW: I HATE DISH NETWORK!

I have seen a few episodes but got bored with it....nothing new, and all the shiny new fashionable buckskins got annoying. And what the heck with all the celebrity commentators? Steve Rinelli? I like his show, but make the connection here for me?
I don't want to derail the thread but I really went off Steve Rinella. I used to listen to his podcast and you get to see more of people's personalities, he's a bit full of himself and always interrupts people.

And he's really not that good a hunter, fortunately for him he surrounds himself with good hunters e.g. Janis Putelis. One of the last episodes I watched he tried approaching a bedded buck from directly below it, that's 101 hunting no no.

It's a pretty bad show with questionable talking heads, very poor costuming, and lack of attention to props. I found it unwatchable. If this is the show that's filming now in KY, it's only to be expected as they're cranking out a season in about six or seven weeks of production with only about a month or so between of post. You just can't make a quality product that quickly, but this is what the streaming wars have led us to. Costuming and art departments need months to prepare and come up with the right stuff for an historical project whether it be a series or a movie. The shows and movies focusing on quality over quantity are few and far between now, but they're still out there and still on the way.

I see a lot of complaints about historical costuming, and period correct props. If this gets show of the frontiersman get our youngsters interested in this period, they in turn will read more and just maybe get interested in muzzleloading, reenactments, and rendezvous. This is the same problem I see at rendezvous, old guys(I'm 74) pissing and moaning about not being period correct, or not letting young guys in street clothes compete in the walks and shoots. Great way to turn off this younger generation!
While the show may have it's draw backs, to completely condemn it will turn away a lot of folks and deprive them of the opportunity to investigate this era further.
Also, I aplogize as I realize you have a right to your opinion.

Last edited:
Back