• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Interesting Vid on the Accuracy of the AR era Bess vs the Rifle and Other AR Arms Trivia

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He only talks about accuracy, not speed of reloading or volume of fire. Interesting, but not all that informative.
Well, seeing as how the stated scope of the video was limited solely to accuracy, the presenter accomplished his objective.

For any who didn't already know how different the spreads between rifles and smooth bores are, it was plenty informative.

People have commented on the vid that the rifle shooting wasn’t up to par, but I bet his average accuracy was close to the average at that time. Especially on the battlefield under less then perfect shooting conditions.

When I was young and my eyes were good, had I shot my rifle at a 100 yard target and had a group like the one shown I would have started a thorough examination as to what the !@$# was wrong with my set up!
Robby

The best 100 yard groups I've ever shot with muzzleloading rifles mounted with primitive open sights (various calibers) was 3.75"-4"; never could get them smaller. Now at 50 yards I've gotten reliable groups of 2"-3" with my smoothbore.

Back