• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Interesting horn

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rafterob

62 Cal.
Reaction score
On ebay there is an old horn that is divided to hold balls in the back end with a removable plug. I had not seen that yet. Seems like a workable concept.

I imagin if you do the extra work to build such a horn it wouldn't be that much more to line the RB chamber with leather or something else to keep it quieter on a trek.

The whole concept sounds like more effort to use to me than more traditional ways to carry your RB's, and there's always the possibility the horns end cap could come off unexpectedly and dump out all the RB's.

How about a combo powder, patch, ball, fire kit, salt and smoke horn? Would only have to be about 2 feet long, but would need to come with instructions for use. :hmm: :wink:

I have a flat horn, that a friend made, that holds balls in the main compartment and caps in a small chamber with a sliding lid. One could be made that holds powder by making the pour opening smaller.
Mark

Back