• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Inletting Black

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The soot method (many ways of getting it) applied will be easier to deal with in the end. Material like inletting black or lipstick has grease and wax in it which finds its' way in to the pores of the wood and is a real bugger to get out of there. In contrast, soot is "dry" and comes off easily with a scraper.

Note; With all of this stuff sanding it will sort of grind it in to the wood. Much better to scrape. The added advantage of soot is that it cleans up off your hands and things much easier.

Last edited:
Another easy option is Prussian Blue, available at your local auto parts store, maybe $5 - $6. Likely in stock. A tube will last a long time.
1622127648020.jpeg

I'm working on rifle, any idea where I can buy inletting black? I've looked on track of the wolf and Log Cabin, both are out of stock.
I was going to tell you to check MLBS since that’s where I bought my Jarrow’s, but it looks like they’re out of stock too. Did the maker of Jarrow’s close up shop? I can’t find it available anywhere

I was going to tell you to check MLBS since that’s where I bought my Jarrow’s, but it looks like they’re out of stock too. Did the maker of Jarrow’s close up shop? I can’t find it available anywhere
Beats me. Looks like I have about 50 guns worth left in my jar. I'll never live long enough to empty it.

Back