• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Im so disgusted

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crow#21957

50 Cal.
Reaction score
I shot centerfire for awhile. Just got back in muzzeloading. I'm building a 36.
No caps anywhere. I just feel like giving up sometimes. If anyone has any to spare I would pay dearly. I'm in In. Can drive wherever.

Thankyou my fine muzzeliader friends. I just want 500 or so. I have none

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw some caps about a month ago at Fleet Farm in Green Bay, WI. Today they had NONE.... also no primers, no powder and limited reloading supplies. Nobody seems to have any for sale anywhere. I grabbed 1,000 of them in late fall and now wish I had bought 10,000. Keep your eyes and ears open. I've seen panics and shortages before. Eventually somebody will get some.

I saw some caps about a month ago at Fleet Farm in Green Bay, WI. Today they had NONE.... also no primers, no powder and limited reloading supplies. Nobody seems to have any for sale anywhere. I grabbed 1,000 of them in late fall and now wish I had bought 10,000. Keep your eyes and ears open. I've seen panics and shortages before. Eventually somebody will get some.
download.png

Do you have a Dunhams in IN?

I was in one in Oct, and they were well stocked with caps.

Rapey prices, but they had lots.

No caps anywhere. I just feel like giving up sometimes. If anyone has any to spare I would pay dearly. I'm in In. Can drive wherever. My email is xxxxx@gmail.com
Phone #########
It’s not a good idea to put your personal contact information, such as email and phone number in a post. A lot of creeps out there looking for personal information so they can attempt a scam.

Last edited:
And now you know why we shoot flintlocks..... :)
Well Hawkeye, that is clever advice if you are well stocked w real black powder. I did consider this wisdom before deciding to go percussion, but in my neck of the woods, caps are easier to find than black powder [aka hens teeth] and we have t-7 coming out of our ears. Even the few that use t-7 in flintlocks seem to need a real 3f primer charge to get the bang sound. Not saying you are wrong, but, at the end of the day, neither flinters or cappers are truly 'self sufficient'. I wonder if making your own, high quality black powder is as easy as making a decent cap for yourself. Lots of info on both out there. Maybe a contest to see who gets lead in the air first would give the diehards in both camps the exercise they really need. Cheers !

Dear Mr Crow

When percussion caps dry up over here, we use this kit that comes from Stateside (very reliable product, caps always ignite real black). The products ship separately, thus negating dangerous goods.

Not sure if the link will open, just cut and paste into your search engine of choice.

Pete

https://www.outdoorlife.com/gear/11-precision-cap-maker-review/

No caps anywhere. I just feel like giving up sometimes. If anyone has any to spare I would pay dearly. I'm in In. Can drive wherever.

While I understand your frustration, FOLKS wanting to help the member out, should contact via Private Message. The public posting of an email and phone number is going to cause a lot of SPAM for him, so it was edited.

LD

I was in a similar situation, just getting started and trying to find supplies. They are out there but you will pay…more than you probably care to.

Online sales with the wonderful hazardous shipping fees will get you what you want. Beware of scam sites though, there are many. Do not purchase from a website that only accepts bitcoin, Zelle etc. Pay only with a credit card and do a scam search for the website before you attempt to purchase. Dropping a post here asking about any particular website is not a bad idea either.

Good luck, relax and enjoy!

I haven’t been to Scheels in a month or so but they had quite a few tins of caps out for sale when I did visit it. I bought a couple while I was there too. Our local Bass Pro had some out for sale at that time too. But Bass Pro is out of them now.

Try flintlock inc as well. Both are in your area and huge supporters at friendship. They just seem to come up with them somehow.
I would also recommend going to the linton ind and connor long rifles shows these next weeks. Meet some folks, see if any there, see lots of fun toys and accessories. May get lucky and find a real nice person with caps. Really good shows and great folks. Cannot hurt and gets ya out of the house......

Like during the 'Hillary Scare' and the recent covid panic, people are hoarding; once the panic passes, stuff will be available again. You couldn't find modern ammo during the Hillary run-up, but once The Donald was in office, you saw boxes of modern "9" unmentionable for 11 bucks! Hang in there, all, and stock up to have enough the "next time" panic ensues!

Back