• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ideas for rondy fire pit?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbtusa

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Anyone found a portable fire pit for using at rondy when the camp boss won't let you build a fire on the ground?

There are several makers of commercial fire pits.
The round type that lookd like a big bowl with legs look good and are 16-18" off the ground. These have been used during fire restrictions and look good too. One that myself and other have used is made from an old washer machine tub. Useing the raised hole in the middle you can pound a peice of 2" pipe into the ground and set the tub on it. this keeps it of the ground. the holes in the tub look good and put out an even heat. I painted mine black with stove paint. I use a 3' peice of pipe with 12-16" in the ground.

At Fort Ticonderoga they just issue flat sheets of 1/4" steel about 3'X3'.

Many Klatch

The booshway of last years Alfia makes a firebox with legs and a screen, grate uprights and spit come with it. Also evrything fits inside the box when transporting. You can probly get a hold of him thru the Florida Frontiersmen.

Goose Bay Workshops made me a copper bowl 18 inches wide with hand forged legs. Seems to work just fine, well built and gets lots of attention.

What we tend to get for restrictions out this direction is...No open flame. Period.
no briquets, no firebowls. That leaves us to using coleman stoves and propane cookers.
You all tried to do your dutch ovens on the coleman? doable but tough!

You can use provided fire rings in some state and federal owned camp grounds, but they tend to not allow the discharge of BP guns, so whats the point in even going?

With a bad back. Having already had two back surgeries , I made a brazier that sits on three metal poles and is raised up so I don't have to bend over to cook. Also I made my camp kitchen and ice box to sit up on stands. With out these "big three " I would have stoped camping long ago.

Back