• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

i need to find out when this rifle was made its a hawkens 1835 - 1870 the serial number is a492505 its a 54 calibre

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
'documentation on documentation'? I'm uncertain what you actually mean by this question. Do you actually speak English? The evidence so far suggests that English is not your first language and I'm thinking that you might need a serious amount of help to achieve your aim. In this case, you need to enlist the help of an English teacher who can better advise you on how to go about putting together and article of what is really quite a technical subject.

I wouldn't be so hard on him. Younger people often don't think as precisely as older folks. I was in my late 20s before i developed the skill to write a coherent piece, but ever since then everything I've written fo publication, which is a lot, has been published. Some just bloom later than others. I also know from experience with young people some English teachers can't write well either, and thus are not much help.

[/QUOTE]
'documentation on documentation'? I'm uncertain what you actually mean by this question. Do you actually speak English? The evidence so far suggests that English is not your first language and I'm thinking that you might need a serious amount of help to achieve your aim. In this case, you need to enlist the help of an English teacher who can better advise you on how to go about putting together and article of what is really quite a technical subject.
sorry the teachers aide was saying what i should type

No worries, I am dyslexic and have always struggled with writing.
That is a great looking rifle and should be lots of fun to shoot.
It is not a Hawken rifle, but as others have said, many rifles existed like it.
The Hawken brothers only cranked out so many rifles and many gun makers made similar rifles.

Here is a great book to purchase if this topic is interesting to you.
History is a great rabbit hole to fall down.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 41
I wouldn't be so hard on him. Younger people often don't think as precisely as older folks. I was in my late 20s before i developed the skill to write a coherent piece, but ever since then everything I've written fo publication, which is a lot, has been published. Some just bloom later than others. I also know from experience with young people some English teachers can't write well either, and thus are not much help.
my english teacher is 25

Let's get back to the subject of this thread. The subject is not about anyone's writing ability. It is about the Hawken and the reproduction rifle salmonslayer2005 owns.

Back