• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

help requested: identifying manufacturer of original percussion rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MuzzleMax

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've had a original percussion rifle for a while now, and would like to find out more about who made it. I hope anyone recognizes features that can help identifying the manufacturer of this gun. What I know about the gun, is that it's a new york state percussion schuetzen rifle (circa 1870), .45 cal 34" octagon barrel with a false muzzle. It has a hidden set trigger, schuetzen guard and steel butt plate. The peculiar thing about this is that on several locations it has the number '1' etched in it: in the wood under the steel butt plate, on the barrel (covered by wood when the gun is put together) and on the false muzzle, but other than that, it seems unsigned.

I've attached photo's to this post. I hope someone might know more or can help me point in the right direction!

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 6
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg