• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I have a problem

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good advice from all!I would tell him that one must always mind where your muzzle is pointed!My dad always told me never ever point the muzzle of the gun at anyone you didn't intend to shoot!"Loaded" or "unloaded" safety must always take precedence!

I had a similar thing happen last week with a friend's son. The father and I were taking the son out to shoot, and he was shooting a .22 gallery gun. I was to his left, watching him. After he finished his string, he turned to ask me a question, and swept me with the gun.

Now this is also a kid whom I teach - he's my stage manager for school productions, but it didn't matter at that point. I immediately told him - a bit sharply - to keep the muzzle pointed downrange. He apologized, and I stepped over and was telling him to make sure the gun was open and empty before moving at all with it. I opened the action, and there was a .22 round sitting on the carrier. :nono:

Silly me, I thought I was making a theoretical point, and here the rifle was loaded - not just "every rifle is loaded."

I didn't ream him a new one, because he's a new shooter, but you can be sure I made VERY clear - gently - that he came one step from blowing my head off!

I don't think, however, that because he did it once he'll do it again. He's a bright kid, and I think that he was embarrassed enough to learn the lesson, and luckily (for me!) nobody got hurt.

greetings flinch,

yep you have a problm. and that problem is, you didn't tell him ON THE SPOT....

if you see someone doing something unsafe and don't tell them.. and awhile latter he accidently kills someone.. as far as i'm concerned, you are just as guilty as he is..

how would you feel if he did shoot someone and you didn't say anything to prevent it cause you didn't want to hurt his feelings..

don't think you would sleep well at nite...

so my advice is, call him rite now, don't care what time it is and tell him in no uncertain terms, to stop doing that stupid stuff RiGHT NOW!!!

if i sound nasty, it's because if he did shoot someone and i didn't tell you this, i wouldn't be able to sleep at nite..

..ttfn..grampa..

PS.. when someone calls your attention to an unsafe act, your only response should be to say 'thank you'

Back