• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I have a chance to buy these.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Miroku makes great guns--excellent barrels of ordnance grade steel. Reinactors tend to
have their share of folks that do not maintain their stuff further than wiping off the
outside of the swords and rifles.

What is the one made in Italy? I thought it was the Springfield?
There was no label on the Japanese. The Italian was labeled 1863 springfield but some on this forum said it wasn't and looked like a zouve? I don't know enough about either to figure it out. The Japanese has no twist evident in the bore (could have parallel groves??) while the italian has grooves in twist formation in the bore.

I had a real 400$ ‘63 Springfield you could almost see rifling in the last 7” at the muzzle, the rest was a sewer pipe.
Couldn’t get it to shoot minies or round balls.
Sold it and spent 700$ on an ugly real ‘63 with a beautiful bore. That gain-twist rifling is literally made for minies. It’s a joy to shoot.
Why pay top dollar for Eyetalian when you can get the real thing?

The Ranson is an Italian made copy of an 1863 Remington contract rifle popularly called a Zouave. Probably about the same quality as a Zoli. I had one pass through my hands 45 years ago and don't remember much about it.

I have one of those Miroku's in .45 for years now. Great shooter, but $100 out the door would be what I would offer.

Latest posts

Back