• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I had no idea a Kibler was like this

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read stuff about the Kibler kits since they started producing them. Even though I have a bug about how they treated me. They are no doubt the best kit out their. I have put together three of the SMR rifles for people. How anyone with a vague knowledge of firearms has trouble is beyond me...! Maybe staining the stock or metal finish ? Maybe the long tang but seriously they are so easy. Plus the bazillion videos they put out. But for the life of me why would you order the kit if you have no confidence in
yourself ? JMHO

I've read stuff about the Kibler kits since they started producing them. Even though I have a bug about how they treated me. They are no doubt the best kit out their. I have put together three of the SMR rifles for people. How anyone with a vague knowledge of firearms has trouble is beyond me...! Maybe staining the stock or metal finish ? Maybe the long tang but seriously they are so easy. Plus the bazillion videos they put out. But for the life of me why would you order the kit if you have no confidence in
yourself ?
JMHO
Removed at 4:13 pm.

Last edited:
I didn't name drop. But if you lack confidence then have someone else with experience help you. Hands on with someone with experience is priceless..! I wished I had someone when I started building from scratch years ago.
Mike Brooks has classes or used to check him out...
Removed at 4:13 pm.

Last edited:
The video is misleading. The rifle can quickly be assembled that way, but to look right all the metal but the side plate needs polishing. You can see the cutter marks in the closeup of the nosecap. Also the man in the video didn't know how to install the front sight(it's backwards) or the nosecap. According to the instructions, the screws are installed from inside the barrel channel.

It is still a very nice kit. It just takes longer than he said.
I don’t think the guy had a clue on putting it together…

I don’t think the guy had a clue on putting it together…
Why is that? Looked okay to me and he’s done other rifles. Because he put the sights in backwards? He said in the next vid why he did that.

It’s easy to knock other’s work — especially on the internet.

Last edited:
yourself
? JMHO
I ordered in the white for this very reason. No issues butchering a Traditions or CVA but dang if I will spend that much and then butcher one. Money well spent. May get the Woodsrunner as a kit though per the reviews its ready to go.

The video is misleading. The rifle can quickly be assembled that way, but to look right all the metal but the side plate needs polishing. You can see the cutter marks in the closeup of the nosecap. Also the man in the video didn't know how to install the front sight(it's backwards) or the nosecap. According to the instructions, the screws are installed from inside the barrel channel.

It is still a very nice kit. It just takes longer than he said.
I watch his videos and the one he put out after this he says how he put the front site on backwards on purpose. He thought he might be able to help him see better. He said that it didn’t help and would change it to the correct way. Don’t know why he did that with nose cap

If you are doing a video for the general public, you should explain yourself in the same video. I rarely watch any videos. So a follow-up video is useless for me.

You can certainly assemble a Kibler kit, especially the Woodsrunner, in a matter of hours or a day, but why? Spending the extra time to clean up, polish, and properly finish the metal, properly fit the pipes and draw file the barrel sure make a difference in the finished product. And while you won’t find a better out of the box trigger group or lock, disassembly and a good cleaning, polish, and lube make them even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back